• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Marty Hurney 2.0 wasn't a bad GM!!!!!

Zod

3 hours ago, Zod said:

Greatest college evaluator in a generation!!!!!

20220222_111520.jpg

So this is basically 3 drafts worth of players. So I’d look at it as 1.25 Hurney drafts and 1.75 Rhule drafts. Do they show their metrics on how the WAR was calculated? 

2019: Hurney got us Burns who should be a + WAR player. Literally every other pick Hurney made that year was a bust.

2020: Still not sure what to believe. Seems the most common rumor was Hurney wanted to trade up to draft Justin Herbert and Rhule wanted to trade down. The ended up deciding to stay at 7 and draft Derrick Brown since they both were high on him. Brown is probably still a slightly + WAR player for us since our DTs were terrible in 2019. Chinn and YGM are + players. The rest of that class is -/=.

2021: Horn got injured so I don’t know how they calculate that. He was easily a + WAR player before he went down. Unfortunately the rest of this draft class is all probably a bunch of - WAR players. That could change for guys like Brady Christensen and Deonte Brown if they actually got significant playing time.

• Pie 1

guys the time has come to declare ourselves the novelty team of the NFL, successors of the Browns, Detroit has too much history and the Texans well tying for last who gaf at that point

stop buying expensive man cave trophies, memorabilia and apparel

a drink coaster will do just fine

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, onmyown said:

guys the time has come to declare ourselves the novelty team of the NFL, successors of the Browns, Detroit has too much history and the Texans well tying for last who gaf at that point

stop buying expensive man cave trophies, memorabilia and apparel

a drink coaster will do just fine

Hah, no thank you.

No more time being spent on the team where they could benefit from me in any way.  Certainly no more money spent on the team.

The only way that I'd spend money on the team right now is if they went to Munich to play...and the team would be an excuse at that point, not the reason to spend the money. 

Honestly though, I should save myself the slight bit of pain I'd feel after attending a loss in Germany...and just go to Germany and not watch a football game.

45 minutes ago, thefuzz said:

Hah, no thank you.

No more time being spent on the team where they could benefit from me in any way.  Certainly no more money spent on the team.

It's pretty bad when you see Panthers gear in the clearance section of discount stores. I've seen some stuff 90% off and thought to myself, nyah, still to expensive. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

7 hours ago, jbland said:

But but but, he always hit on his first round. Everyone of them is a future hof’er. Derp derp derp. 

Any reasonably intelligent fan can pick the first round guy.  Go with the best combination of team need and the strength of that particular draft.  For the 2022 Panthers it would be an LT.  

It's rounds 3 / 4 / 5  where the good GM's shine.  Guys who can regularly find starters in the mid rounds are gold.  

• Pie 1

First, where are you pulling this from without linking it? Isn't that kind of bad mannered.

So... the Panthers are low, the Washington Commanders are high. Maybe we should have listened to Hurney and traded up for Herbert. Would have definitely changed the direction of this franchise, hitting on a third franchise quarterback in 20 years. Might have had a chance at another Super Bowl or at least an NFC championship. We're stuck now. No assets, no cap space, no rookies that even look that promising unless you take Horn's minute sample size vs some of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL.

Right now you're gloating over Hurney being gone while we're still winning 5 games, and have nothing in sight to save us. We have an idiot owner, and even dumber coach, and a GM who is either a total moron too, or a yes men to fools.

Again, in one off-season without Hurney we lost half our draft, most of our cap space, and signed more free agents busts than I can ever recall. But you guys don't actually care. It's just a weird group think here, for some reason you need a witch to burn, someone to point a finger at. It's probably why last off-season most of the posters here who are gleefully gloating were so positive at the prospect of trading away half a draft for a certified bust, signing awful offensive tackles, and then giving out a 20 million option to that bust.

• Flames 1

9 hours ago, Vijiba said:

First, where are you pulling this from without linking it? Isn't that kind of bad mannered.

So... the Panthers are low, the Washington Commanders are high. Maybe we should have listened to Hurney and traded up for Herbert. Would have definitely changed the direction of this franchise, hitting on a third franchise quarterback in 20 years. Might have had a chance at another Super Bowl or at least an NFC championship. We're stuck now. No assets, no cap space, no rookies that even look that promising unless you take Horn's minute sample size vs some of the worst quarterbacks in the NFL.

Right now you're gloating over Hurney being gone while we're still winning 5 games, and have nothing in sight to save us. We have an idiot owner, and even dumber coach, and a GM who is either a total moron too, or a yes men to fools.

Again, in one off-season without Hurney we lost half our draft, most of our cap space, and signed more free agents busts than I can ever recall. But you guys don't actually care. It's just a weird group think here, for some reason you need a witch to burn, someone to point a finger at. It's probably why last off-season most of the posters here who are gleefully gloating were so positive at the prospect of trading away half a draft for a certified bust, signing awful offensive tackles, and then giving out a 20 million option to that bust.

Marty is that you?  

• Pie 2