• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeremiah's Latest Mock

Mr. Scot

14 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

LOL. Where you played matters way less than your abilities. By that logic, Howell is undraftable because UNC has never had a successful QB.

Non-P5 OL are less common in the first round(true for all positions) but that's because there is a big talent disparity in the average P5 player and the average non-P5. As a group that makes sense, but you don't grade prospects as a group.

Is Patrick Mahomes a bad QB? Because prior to him Texas Tech QB's were regarded as gimmick guys that piled up stats in a one read offense. However he is/was otherworldly talented. 

There are plenty of small school players in the HOF, including our recently inducted Sam Mills. 

Would I take Penning at 6? Probably not. Would I be upset if we had him on on our roster. Absolutely not.

Whataboutism

apples and oranges 

selective memory 

you do NOT draft an OL from a school like Northern Iowa #6 overall. Period. 

24 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

from NFL.com on Trevor Penning:

""Don't overthink it when you write him up. He's got size, length, toughness, he's smart, he works his tail off, and loves to play football. That is what you look for in a starting tackle." -- Executive for NFC team"

There is a lot to like about this guy.

• Beer 2

he committed to northern iowa his junior year and never had another offer. He only weighed 230 his Senior year of high school which is fuging nuts. 

https://www.ncsasports.org/football-recruiting/iowa/mason-city/newman-catholic-high-school/trevor-penning

i think he only switched to offensive tackle his senior year because in the other link it has him listed as a TE/DE. Rivals has him as an OT. 

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2017/trevor-penning-279828

seems like other factors here about him not going to a bigger school. 

• Pie 1

24 minutes ago, electro's horse said:

i love watching him just throw people around at the end of every play

powerful Taylor Lewan vibes. 

This guy has one job.  And my god, does he do it !  

He won't be able to man-handle opponents in the NFL like he did in college but I sure do like his attitude.  

7 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Whataboutism

apples and oranges 

selective memory 

you do NOT draft an OL from a school like Northern Iowa #6 overall. Period. 

Once again, you have zero clue what you are talking about but strong opinions on the things you don't have any clue you are talking about.

How about this, have you watched a single snap of Penning at all? 

23 hours ago, Verge said:

I mean, it all depends on the board honestly. Thibodeaux seems like the biggest home run if he were to fall to 6, but I haven't heard a connection or anything.

Did you see the rumor mill in regards to Thibodeaux(form weeks ago)? All sort of reasons with saying hes falling out of the good graces form teams at the top. 

Injuries, now looking small-ish, poor recent tape, projection of non-freak numbers, etc etc. Hit on it in the draft forum, hard for me to buy. Felt like it was made by Adams agent......now that guy I have no draft love for. lone wolf on that. 

Feels like the worse year to hold a top five pick since i can remember. Depth seems GREAT, but the cream is two week old burger king dumpster cream...