• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Everyone knows Rhule is desperate.

Zod

7 hours ago, Paa Langfart said:

I am pretty sure that it is illegal to quote news sources without citing where it comes from.

Wuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut? lololol

Have you been LIVING sometime in the past 50 years?  Media can say whatever the fug they want about public figures and get away with it.

27 minutes ago, Newbie said:

We know he can’t turn it around. He doesn’t know that he’s incompetent at this level. That’s the real problem and why everyone hates him. He makes bad decisions that are setting us further back but he’s oblivious to his mistakes. 

I don’t think he is oblivious to the mistakes at all.  The NFL is incredibly tough and he is without question finding that out right now.  We just need a good offseason with smart decisions on offense and we can turn the ship.  I still think Rhule can make this happen but the margin for error is razor thin now.  Especially at QB.

NFL teams are firing guys way to early.  2 years is not enough time.

Interesting that these QB rumors are pushing the narrative that Rhule is incompetent when he hasn’t made such a move or acknowledged any of this horseshet 

Edited by Shocker

16 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I don’t think he is oblivious to the mistakes at all.  The NFL is incredibly tough and he is without question finding that out right now.  We just need a good offseason with smart decisions on offense and we can turn the ship.  I still think Rhule can make this happen but the margin for error is razor thin now.  Especially at QB.

NFL teams are firing guys way to early.  2 years is not enough time.

Interesting that these QB rumors are pushing the narrative that Rhule is incompetent when he hasn’t made such a move or acknowledged any of this horseshet 

The experienced coaching hires this off season have been a move in the right direction.  But time will soon tell.  We'll know after free agency and the draft if Rhule has gained any self-awareness or not.

If he drafts Pickett at #6 then he didn't learn a thing.  In that case expect the downward spiral of the last 2 years to just continue indefinitely.  

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

I recall last season when we signed Cam back and the town was electric.  The mojo since then has totally gone south.

There's reasons for this (Cam 2021 was definitely not Cam 2015, but at least you know HE FUGGING CARED).  Then Rhule, every chance he got, pulled down his oversized pants and took a dump on Cam.  Which was a WONDERFUL thing for the long-time Cam Haters on this forum.  Probably the most fun they've every had in their lives.  

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

There's reasons for this (Cam 2021 was definitely not Cam 2015, but at least you know HE FUGGING CARED).  Then Rhule, every chance he got, pulled down his oversized pants and took a dump on Cam.  Which was a WONDERFUL thing for the long-time Cam Haters on this forum.  Probably the most fun they've every had in their lives.  

I didn’t see Rhule do that at all.  Cam turned the ball over too many times.  With our OL it wasn’t happening for any QB but Cam was not stellar last season or QB would not be a question 

8 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

This is from Sheil Kapadia's latest article in The Athletic.

How to avoid a disastrous offseason

Also from that article, under the heading of not using significant resources to acquire mere competence at quarterback:

Having said that, if you don’t have one of those guys (i.e. a franchise quarterback), you don’t just sit the season out. You look for someone competent who can buy you time. The key is you shouldn’t commit significant money or draft capital when doing so. The way the league is set up right now, you can find someone like Teddy Bridgewater or Gardner Minshew at a reasonable price. That’s much more preferable than coughing up $25 to $35 million per year and/or draft picks for a player who might have a higher floor but still has a relatively low ceiling. Moves like that aren’t going to get you very far anyway, and you’re probably going to end up regretting them.

Scary part is, there is always a chance Rhule brings Bridgewater back. Lol

And if he doesn't our QB comes down to Sam, Trubisky, Cam, Cousins, Fitzpatrick, Taylor, Winston, Pickett and/or Willis.

Side note: (I said few weeks back I'd prefer Strong in the later rounds for development)

Watson is not coming here...add in the likes of Wilson and Rodgers. But atleast we have Mcadoo to help with evaluations. 

So we go into the offseason with an embarrased owner, a GM who doesnt have the final roster say, a high school coach on the hotseat, 60% of a Oline needed, no consistent QB, 20+ mil in cap and one draft pick in the top 150. Yea this will be wildly interesting. If we do somehow make the playoffs with our projected schedule then Rhule is indeed a damn wizard. 

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, joemac said:

fug it, lets just go ahead and trade Moore and Burns for a couple firsts and maybe a 2nd or 3rd and completely blow this bitch up and start over.  Those guys are not helping us win games now anyways.  Also trade CMC too.  Build a nasty O-Line, get a QB, and actually do things the right way for once. 

If we could get firsts for Burns and/or Moore, as sad to see them go, that would be ideal for our future. Not positive that’s possible though

On 2/23/2022 at 11:50 AM, jamos14 said:

Yes.

And I hated Teddy.   But if the answer was Teddy or Sam, it's Teddy.  (and I thought Sam would have been an upgrade).  Because we sank double $$$ and incredibly valuable draft capital.

We'd be sitting good with a lot more cash and draft picks if we just kept Teddy for 2021.

yea...thought that was the plan...play TB till we could draft a qb... he pissed somebody off and it wasn't just his play....they turned on his azz fast.

16 minutes ago, mc52beast said:

This could be one of the worst off-seasons in Panthers history and there is a lot of competition for that title. I cringe just thinking about the damage Rhule can cause.

It’s like being on death row. Sure there is a chance you could win an appeal but till then your still staring at the abyss while you do it.