• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Could we really pick something other than QB or o-line at 6?

Verge

7 hours ago, Verge said:

Shameless plug time. I wrote an article about it here. 
https://catcrave.com/2022/02/25/5-shocking-draft-picks-carolina-panthers-6/

More seriously though, I do expect Hamilton and Thibodeaux to be very much in play should the scenario play out that we address QB in FA/Trade and the top 3 tackles go off the board by 6 (a very real possibility). I know trade down is a popular theory, and that could become a realistic scenario should Kayvon be there, but would you want to trade down instead of taking him? Would you be okay with Hamilton at the other hybrid safety role? I personally think 6 is too high for a center, but would you be okay with Linderbaum?

Thanks for the post Verge…love your insights.  Both Hamilton and Thibs would be great picks normally.  Especially Hamilton.  Coming off injury?  Risky.  Personally think he is the best player available.  Will be especially hard to build the OL without spending very early on a top OT or Linderbaum but absolutely could happen.

There is an idea that you want to be strong up the middle of the field.  QB, C, DT, ILB and safety but we need all those positions.  In 2015 we were the best in the league arguably in these positions.

Edited by Shocker

7 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I'm so accustomed to watching this organization do mind numbingly stupid things that it's going to be really difficult to shock me with anything.

Let's see... re-sign Reddick then draft another pass rusher at #6 overall, trade next year's 1st for Jimmy G then massively overpay for some poo tier FA OL again... yeah, that sounds about right.

Honestly I can see it play out just like this. 

1 hour ago, rmoneyg35 said:

I mean we have the former Seahawks guy as our GM, maybe he wants to build a nice backfield like the Super Bowl winning Seahawks? Add a good safety to put with Horn and the other guys, Chinn improves or goes back to LB and we could end up with a good defense.

Fitterer didn’t have much to do with that team.  He’s been more involved in the slow collapse since.