• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

BREAKING NEWS Deshaun Watson now willing to be traded to CAROLINA

Woot

Just now, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Ok, fair.

A question for you now:

What is our record this upcoming season with Watson as our QB? What is it the following season possibly without a first round draft pick?

We could win 9 or 10 games this year, then next year 12 or more making playoffs. Which is how everyone thinks with a franchise qb. To think this team would win less than that is dumb. This guy isn’t Sam Fugging Darnold or Teddy Turd Glove Garbagewater.

There is a between area from not wanting Watson and wanting better than Darnold/Jimmy G. I know there is no guarantee to draft one, but the is definitely no guarantee if we never try to draft one. Rather it’s this year or next we need to attempt to draft a young talent to become our franchise QB. 

Rather Watson’s charges get dropped/settled or not it’s still a mark on his character that will follow him around. 22 women is pretty tough to argue against. Negative PR will come with him along with losing all the assets it would take to land him. Salary cap is a whole other issue. It just makes no sense in the current state our team is. 

Just now, BurnNChinn said:

Speculation you don’t know, hey multiple sources said he wouldn’t come to Carolina. Guess that was proven wrong lol. Your usually ok about things, but sir you don’t know what’s going on. None of us do!

While no one knows anything, that also means the "news" the other day saying he actually WOULD come here now ... also can't be taken seriously. So let's stop using that crap in these debates. We only need to debate ONE thing: can the Panthers win in the Playoffs with Watson as the QB of this average team. My answer is they can't. They need more ammo. Getting the ammo will not be easy if they add Watson. If you think he can take us to the promise land ... well good on you.

Settle all lawsuits, have criminal charges dropped, and sure, I'd love to have Watson here.....so long as it doesn't cost us anything in return.

Meaning:  Please don't do this.  Do not make yet another terrible mistake pushing winning seasons further and further into the future.

3 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Speculation you don’t know, hey multiple sources said he wouldn’t come to Carolina. Guess that was proven wrong lol. Your usually ok about things, but sir you don’t know what’s going on. None of us do!

Actually, the only source that reported that was Florio.

4 minutes ago, pantherj said:

If you are following this terrible team at this time of the year, then I can say one thing with certainty, you are not just some QB fan who wants a jersey to wear to a bar to brag. If you're here, then you are a serious Panthers fan.

Yeah the post Super Bowl - pre FA/Draft period is the deadest part of the year and the Panthers look to be horrible and painful to watch for the foreseeable future.  Anybody hanging around this board is seriously committed to the team.

1 minute ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

While no one knows anything, that also means the "news" the other day saying he actually WOULD come here now ... also can't be taken seriously. So let's stop using that crap in these debates. We only need to debate ONE thing: can the Panthers win in the Playoffs with Watson as the QB of this average team. My answer is they can't. They need more ammo. Getting the ammo will not be easy if they add Watson. If you think he can take us to the promise land ... well good on you.

Ok it’s fine agree to disagree.

14 minutes ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

Watson can't cure the team, man. Why can't you grasp that?

Watson would be a total disaster..... regardless of what he can do... he hasn't played in what will be a year and a half... hes  ripe to get hurt and no telling if he'll pick up where he left off... not to mention the draft picks... If he comes to CLT...i'll be done with the sht show for sure. I always have my Browns if I want this kind of misery...

Edited by Pimpdaddy

13 hours ago, Datawire said:
17 hours ago, RJK said:

Even if they got Watson this franchise would continue to be inept and find a way to waste any talent on the roster. I’m pretty confident that whoever they draft at 6 or end up trading for will ultimately bust under the current regime regardless of the player and their skill set. 

The rams were inept for how long? The LA rams that is. How long did it take for them to win a super bowl? And why? QB.

Rams were quite good prior to Stafford's arrival. 

This was their 5th consecutive (!!) winning season and they had been in the playoffs 3 of last 4 years (missed in 2019 w/ 9-7 record) contesting 6 playoff games and winning 3.

Stafford did represent an improvement at the most important position but the Rams were by no mean the Buccaneers!

Speaking of which, the Buc's had missed the playoffs 12 -straight seasons and then won the Super Bowl!!

It is worth noting in that stretch the Buc's missed the post-season 3 times with winning records including 10-6 in 2010.

49 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Your crazy if u don’t think we are better lol. But you keep wanting to win with Darnold. I rather do something, than nothing at all

Lol you're talking out of your ass. I learned the hard lesson a long time ago that we won't win with Sam because he's horrible. Show me the last time I said anything positive about him. 

Too often doing something out of desperation leads you to bad decisions. Because of desperation, we went after Sam. Desperation led us to making some very bad decisions in the trade for him that hurt us. We got the wrong QB and it cost us a lot. Then we made bad decisions in the draft, bypassing obvious needs and legit talent for the OL. Then Horn gets hurt and, in desperation again, we trade away a good and needed target for whoever the QB is and yet another early draft pick because we'd "rather do something, than nothing at all".

The cost is what would keep Watson from being as good an answer as he would have been had we not crippled the team last year out of desperation. Trading for Watson is a bad idea because it would put us in a much greater hole than we are in now. As good as Watson is, he wouldn't be good enough to pull us out of the hole that obtaining him would create.

2 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

Watson would be a total disaster..... regardless of what he can do... he hasn't played in what will be a year and a half... hes  ripe to get hurt and no telling if he'll pick up where he left off... not to mention the draft picks... If he comes to CLT...i'll be done with the sht show for sure.

You make some good observations...

...including the passing of time.

Mr. Whip-It-Out's last game action was 14 months ago on 1/3/2021 and there doesn't appear to be any real movement on resolving his legal problems, seems unlikely he'll be ready to go when the Texans go into camp.