• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2022 Charlotte FC Game Thread

MillionDollarCam

Had a blast going to the game with my kid. He enjoyed it so that's what's important. We had some chances and an learning more about the game so I can't complain too much about the refs even if I thought some of the calls were questionable. 

Hate on Tepper all you want but he brought this team here quicker than an others would have and he did create a fantastic environment. It was fun. 

Also, I really like the rookie Benjamin Bender kid.  He is going to be good

• Pie 5

31 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

I'm not into soccer but looks like tep has fostered another loser.... anyone know if it is as mismanaged as the Panthers?

I personally don’t think Tepper is involved in any of the personnel decisions regarding Charlotte FC, he’s treating this franchise much more like a hobby than a business and letting the actual professionals run it.

Sure we are struggling out of the gate but a lot of that is out of the teams control. We were closing in on USMNT winger Paul Arriola before we were beat out by FC Dallas. We also had agreed to terms with Darwin Machis who would have been a top five player in the MLS before it was revealed that he was ironing out some legal issues in Europe. If those two deals don’t fall through then this team looks a lot different.

I think the fans recognize that the team is truly trying and the support matches that.

• Pie 5

I expected a massacre so they really surprised me. Fun first match. They were really close to spoiling it for LA.

• Good defense but we played way too much of it. Guys in the back were really timid about moving it up field. Hoping they just got caught up in the moment.
  • Khalina was perfect but so was that Alvarez goal. Love that we at least seem to have a dependable keeper. 
  • Reyna is really interesting. Dude's got some serious jets on him and nice dribbling. Looks like he has a lot of work to do on finishing but he's going to produce some fun highlights.
  • Terrible first impression of Swiderski thanks that awful flop at the beginning of the game (American crowds are just gonna love that) and I wish he was little more aggressive but dude has impressive touch on the ball. Loved his shot attempt when he collected it and 180'ed on the defender. Those will start going in eventually.

The biggest issue was chemistry. Inspired attempts but they clearly don't have each others timing and pacing down just yet, that'll come with time.

3 hours ago, MechaZain said:

I expected a massacre so they really surprised me. Fun first match. They were really close to spoiling it for LA.

• Good defense but we played way too much of it. Guys in the back were really timid about moving it up field. Hoping they just got caught up in the moment.
  • Khalina was perfect but so was that Alvarez goal. Love that we at least seem to have a dependable keeper. 
  • Reyna is really interesting. Dude's got some serious jets on him and nice dribbling. Looks like he has a lot of work to do on finishing but he's going to produce some fun highlights.
  • Terrible first impression of Swiderski thanks that awful flop at the beginning of the game (American crowds are just gonna love that) and I wish he was little more aggressive but dude has impressive touch on the ball. Loved his shot attempt when he collected it and 180'ed on the defender. Those will start going in eventually.

The biggest issue was chemistry. Inspired attempts but they clearly don't have each others timing and pacing down just yet, that'll come with time.

Really disagree with you. I thought Reyna was a complete disaster and swiderski was clearly our most dangerous attacker. Dude got signed Saturday and played Sunday

Best Part of the game for me was the anthem. It was pretty cool. The supporter groups should just make a thing they do and everyone else would follow along.  I know it's been done before when a singers mic goes out but for it to happen at the first home game it would be a cool tradition to continue to do it at every game.

Edited by toldozer
  • Pie 1

Was at the game and the crowd was great for the entirety of the game. The anthem being sung by the fans was a great moment, the tifo was well done, and the atmosphere was buzzing. The Bank would've blown its top off if Charlotte would have scored. This game was begging for a Charlotte goal. I didn't expect them to come out with a win, but losing 1-0 where the one goal scored was a worldy that even the best keepers would have had trouble keeping out, is tolerable given the context of the team's situation.

Oh and haven't seen many people talk about this, but I was somewhat near the Galaxy away section and they were chucking beers left and right after they scored. One I saw went from the upper deck to the lower deck, and probably hit someone. Another hit a Charlotte supporter in the upper deck, so real classy from the LA fans.