• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ian Thomas Contract Details (also TE market is HOT)

Evil Hurney

He's very replacement level though and we just drafted Tremble who showed a lot of promise. It's not as bad as it initially seemed and I understand the TE market but I just don't understand why it was a priority to re-sign him. I don't think he would've gotten this deal on the open market.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

7 minutes ago, t96 said:

He's very replacement level though and we just drafted Tremble who showed a lot of promise. It's not as bad as it initially seemed and I understand the TE market but I just don't understand why it was a priority to re-sign him. I don't think he would've gotten this deal on the open market.

Maybe McAdoo wants to run some 2 TE sets? Thomas Tremble?

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, t96 said:

Manhertz got signed for the same amount last year, and he was utilized in the same way as Ian. Blocking TEs are a hot commodity in the NFL. Weird with the way the league is evolving. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

Manhertz got signed for the same amount last year, and he was utilized in the same way as Ian. Blocking TEs are a hot commodity in the NFL. Weird with the way the league is evolving. 

They are hot because there's not enough olinemen worth a tinkers damn in the league.  Five on four isn't cutting it for a large majority of the teams in the league.  So they are going 6 on 4 just to give the qb another half second to throw the ball.  

• Beer 6

13 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Thomas isn't a great blocker and Manhertz got 2 years $6M, that's nearly half as much as Thomas got...

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1