• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Seahawks subreddit is a mess right now. What a bunch of pansies. Let's laugh at them.

hepcat

2 minutes ago, hepcat said:

That's exactly why they traded him. His massive salary was preventing them from properly building up the rest of the roster. Same issue the Falcons have had the past 3-4 seasons. Except no one wants Matt Ryan hahaha

Wilson's salary? His cap hit is like $25M. They just draft like poo. Regardless of the fact Tepper thought Fitterer was coming from a good program, they just lucked out on drafting Russ and Tyler Lockett

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

5 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Their terrible drafting is why their roster fell apart. When you have terrible draft after terrible draft it's hard to build a roster. Hell, Panthers fans should know that as well as anyone.

Apparently not Tepper, he got his GM from a team that has been misfiring on draft picks/trades for years.

Edited by NanuqoftheNorth
  • Pie 1
  • Flames 2

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Their only major weakness is QB.

but they don't have any significant strengths either and their coaching staff is a question mark to me. I think they'll immediately be a locked in playoff team but not sure they're contending for a SB in the next couple years. There's 2 teams in their division I'd take ahead of them...

3 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

It's a huge failure that the Seahawks didn't have more success with Wilson.  2 Super Bowl appearances so early, and then never again.  They hit lightning in a bottle with the LOB, drafting Russ, and players like Bobby Wagner.  Marshawn was close to his peak during this time as well.

Almost as much of a failure as the Packers only having two rings to show from 30 years of elite HOF QB play. Since 1992 their QB has been either Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers and they've only won two SBs in that timeframe. Honestly, that's pretty pathetic.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

I came in to say that.  On top of that this board looked the same when Cam was cut.

We didn't get anything in return when Cam was cut except a new regime full of sh*t.

Seahawks got a Herschel Walker level kings ransom. HUGE difference. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Almost as much of a failure as the Packers only having two rings to show from 30 years of elite HOF QB play. Since 1992 their QB has been either Brett Favre or Aaron Rodgers and they've only won two SBs in that timeframe. Honestly, that's pretty pathetic.

Honestly I put more of that on the QB than the organization.  Rodgers just isn't clutch in the playoffs.  No excuses for him at this point.

When have the Packers done anything like trading Max Unger for Jimmy Graham or trading for Percy Harvin?  The Seahawks have done nothing but sabotage themselves with terrible trades since their SB runs.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Just goes to show you how hard winning a Superbowl really is. Sustained winning seasons comes down to stability at the QB position. A championship requires a whole other level of luck and determination. Sometimes I think once these top level QBs actually do reach the top of the mountain, their motivation slips a bit.

Brady is the exception due to his legendary focus and competitiveness. No one wanted it more than him. 

Just now, hepcat said:

We didn't get anything in return when Cam was cut except a new regime full of sh*t.

Seahawks got a Herschel Walker level kings ransom. HUGE difference. 

Lol.. You think that the reason matters? The Cam faithful lost their ever loving minds. Just like the Russ fans are now.

13 minutes ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Russell Wilson's salary didn't trade 2 1st round picks for Jamal Adams.  Among other bone headed moves by the front office.

I think people are looking at this backwards.  The front office is getting all the credit for the success since Wilson was on the team, but Wilson was the driver of that success.  This FO staff will flame out and Pete will end up retiring when they cant' find a QB.  I would be willing to bet money on it.

I wasn't just referring to Russell Wilson, but to QB's in general. I can't count the number of post on this very board where posters say "You've go to build a winner while you're QB is still on his rookie deal". A great QB is usually better in his late 20's and early 30's than he is between the ages of 22-26. The way the cap and NFL are currently constructed the QB's have less to work with as they get older. Sometimes 4-5 players can take up 50% of the cap space on a 53 man roster. That's ridiculous.