• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

NFL: Free agency news and notes

Mr. Scot

20 minutes ago, ncfan said:

OL flying off the board

and this is why you have to be carefull about drafting a center at #6.

Jones is one of the better centers in the league and just got a deal for $7m a year.

The #6 pick will get a deal at almost $8m a year, if you draft a center that high he better be elite or you just lost value on a cost controlled contract.

• Pie 3

Not a bad deal at all for the Eagles. Back to back 10+ sack seasons and only takes him to age 30 so won't be an anchor at the end if he declines. I would've been happy with us paying him that if Burns was being traded. This is another indicator that Burns won't be involved in any Watson deal (hopefully). Happy for Reddick getting paid and being in Philly.

• Beer 1

8 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

The move is pretty much Watson or bust. He will end up not coming here and then the panthers will go into panic mode and reach for whatever scraps are left. This is a poorly managed team from top to bottom. Dark times ahead. 

If the Panthers don't land Watson then they should just fill their roster with scrubs, stack on cap, get a high pick and start fresh with a new coach, high picks and a boat load of cap next year.  Probably the best play anyway.  The cure hurts.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, t96 said:

Not a bad deal at all for the Eagles. Back to back 10+ sack seasons and only takes him to age 30 so won't be an anchor at the end if he declines. I would've been happy with us paying him that if Burns was being traded. This is another indicator that Burns won't be involved in any Watson deal (hopefully). Happy for Reddick getting paid and being in Philly.

That's not bad at all considering what guys like Watt and Bosa just got, nearly double.  We're paying Robby basically the same amount for way less production

10 minutes ago, 4Corners said:

The move is pretty much Watson or bust. He will end up not coming here and then the panthers will go into panic mode and reach for whatever scraps are left. This is a poorly managed team from top to bottom. Dark times ahead. 

This is honestly what I expect. The Saints land Watsons and Tepper panics and backs up the Brinks truck for Jameis Winston. 😆

https://www.nfl.com/news/top-101-nfl-free-agents-of-2022-who-are-the-best-nfl-players-available

I looked over this list before I pasted it. There are some good players still available. But, I don't know if any of them are worth blockbuster deals. Many of the most interesting ones/well known players are getting up there in or coming off of injury plagued seasons. There are some solid offensive lineman still available that could help our team. But,  I can't say I'll be surprised or even that disappointed if we don't make in huge splash in the FA market in 2022. 

Edited by SCO96

1 minute ago, Jon Snow said:

That's a lot of money for a LB.

It didn't take Reddick long to find a new home did it? He played well for us in 2021, but I don't know if he was worth $15 mil per season. I can't say I'm that torn up over this news.

• Pie 1