• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Pro bowl guard cut

Pazhoosier89

I just don't see why vets like this would play for the Panthers unless their skills have deteriorated enough that the Panthers are one of the few teams bad enough where they'd get a starting job. A guy like this can probably get more money on a better team.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 3

23 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

Cause people saying people don’t want to play for the panthers is a narrative built in your head. Show me a quote from one player that says, under no circumstances do I want to play for Carolina. no trade clause players are exempt, because they have a list. 

Most players aren't "free" yet, but we've had multiple assistant coaches leave for lateral positions and at least one assistant coach say he didn't want to interview here.

That doesn't exactly make us sound like a mecca.

• Pie 5
  • Beer 1

26 minutes ago, Actionman0z said:

Cause people saying people don’t want to play for the panthers is a narrative built in your head. Show me a quote from one player that says, under no circumstances do I want to play for Carolina. no trade clause players are exempt, because they have a list. 

there's not enough pie in the world for this response.

3 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

there's not enough pie in the world for this response.

If you think this team is an attractive free agent destination, I have a feeling in a week or so you might be disappointed.

It's been repeated numerous times that people all around the league look at us and see a lame duck in the head coaching spot.

Nobody's going to have positive feelings about that.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

If you think this team is an attractive free agent destination, I have a feeling in a week or so you might be disappointed.

It's been repeated numerous times that people all around the league look at us and see a lame duck in the head coaching spot.

They will have positive feelings about getting paid millions of dollars. This isn't the NBA. Vets, especially average vets unlikely to get more than a 1/2 year deal, are taking the best combination of money/opportunity they can get on the market more often than not. And there is plenty of opportunity on the Carolina OL to come in and win a starting job. 

• Pie 7
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

You're in your mid twenties.  You are offered millions of dollars to play a game you love in a fun city with thousands of beautiful southern women running around. 

You are about 3 hours from the beach. Taxes are reasonable.  The weather is nice 10 months out of the year.  The facilities are nice.

His teammates are important.  Does he already know guys on the team?  Anyone he played with in HS or college?  

Maybe he's from NC.  Maybe he played for a NC or SC school.  Maybe he has family here.

If he's got some pride - maybe he sees this as a challenge.  He wants to make a difference.

The coach may not be around past next year, but the next guy could be better. He's had multiple coaches in HS, college, NFL.  What's one more? The possibility the coach is a lame duck is probably 10th on his consideration list. 

That argument is a complete joke.  The only people that will not consider us are the ring-chasers.  Hopefully we're not interested in those guys anyway.

• Pie 2