• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

1 minute ago, Shocker said:

Watson to the Saints is done…next Seattle jumps us in the draft for Willis…

Baby Reaction GIF

I actually read elsewhere something similar, that if we whiff on Watson, a lot of other teams who are QB desperate with better situations and more assets are going to start making moves to shore up their situations.  Some trading up, others trading with teams for the current guys still on the block, and when reading it, all I could think was, "we are going to be left out in the cold."

Just now, Smittymoose said:

No it wouldn’t, because Watson is a guaranteed franchise QB. No draft pick will ever be nearly as sure as getting a guy in his prime that has put up elite seasons. 

You keep acting like no QB in the draft ever works out.  Stop being ridiculous 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

1 minute ago, Proudiddy said:

I actually read elsewhere something similar, that if we whiff on Watson, a lot of other teams who are QB desperate with better situations and more assets are going to start making moves to shore up their situations.  Some trading up, others trading with teams for the current guys still on the block, and when reading it, all I could think was, "we are going to be left out in the cold."

But why would teams do that with a alleged better class next year?

3 minutes ago, The Lobo said:

Trying to stay positive, but don’t they have to meet first, isn’t that coming? 

Yes. Like what are y’all expecting at this time of night lol.

I think we’ll find out tomorrow where he ends up. We got people posting fuging long winded monologues already like we lost out. We don’t know poo right now.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

You keep acting like no QB in the draft ever works out.  Stop being ridiculous 

Take any decade, and the bust rate on first round QBs is about 50%. Even assuming you get in position to draft a guy you like, there’s about a 50% chance he’s going to end up useless. 

This ain’t Madden. 

If the saints can go from being 70+ million over the cap to being able to afford Watson in the matter of a few days, then we need to demand that the NFL launch an investigation to whatever they are doing because there's no way that should be possible. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Take any decade, and the bust rate on first round QBs is about 50%. Even assuming you get in position to draft a guy you like, there’s about a 50% chance he’s going to end up useless. 

This ain’t Madden. 

Deshaun Watson was drafted 12th.  Every other QB starting in the league was drafted.  WTF are you even talking about?

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

Just now, Shocker said:

Deshaun Watson was drafted 12th.  Every other QB starting in the league was drafted.  WTF are you even talking about?

Do you read English?

I said the bust rate on QBs in the first round is about 50%. This has been analyzed over and over by a number of different people. 

Google it. Maybe one is written in a way you can understand it, but can’t say for sure.