• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

Just now, Smittymoose said:

I'm still waiting for someone to give me an example of a team that "patiently" (and successfully) rebuilds for 4-5 years

We already gave you two? The Seahawks and the Chiefs both did it. Common denominator? Star rookie QB on that first contract. 

Again, see Bengals. I'm too lazy to look it up, but in the last 10 years who has won a Super Bowl besides Brady/Manning/Rookie deal QB... Stafford this year? Flacco maybe? 

Basically every team's rebuild time is the period of time it takes them to draft a top tier QB.

The Rams drafted Jared Goff at the start of their rebuild, and accumulated tons of talent around him and on defense.  They realized Goff wasn't going to be enough, so they cashed out their future 1sts to go all in on the roster they built.

The Broncos traded for Wilson because correct or not, they believe they have a Super Bowl roster waiting for him.

We're just hot shotting a trade for a veteran franchise QB without the roster to go with it.  I don't understand why our current FO is so averse to drafting their own QB, when that's literally how any team goes from being bad to good.  They draft their own QB.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2

Just now, 45catfan said:

The Seahawks rebuilt under Carroll and he drafted Wilson.  They won the SB in a couple of years of together.  While the Chiefs were decent under Reid, they were in purgatory until they drafted Mahommes.  The Bengals drafted Burrow and the Bills Allen under new/newish staffs and their fortunes have changed without going the crazy route the Panthers are attempting to take.

You told me 4-5 year rebuild. Who spent 4-5 years rebuilding? 

By the way, Chiefs traded two firsts and a mid-round pick for Mahomes. They were picking 27th in that draft. There was no rebuild. The Bills had to trade up to get Allen too. They had to give up two present seconds and a first to get him.

You always pay for a QB. We can wait a year, hope that a legitimate franchise QB develops, hope that we can get into position to draft him, and still probably will end up giving up multiple picks over multiple years to get him in the 2023 Draft. 

Those are your own examples, by the way. 

1 minute ago, Smittymoose said:

I'm still waiting for someone to give me an example of a team that "patiently" (and successfully) rebuilds for 4-5 years

Giving up every draft pick and star asset we have for a QB who isn't the very best in the league and hasn't played in a year is no way to go either. We are screwed if we make this deal for Watson. Plus when his pee pee gets excited again and he ends up back in a massage parlor on a dark side of Charlotte about 57 times and does all this crap again we run risk of losing him to suspension. This guy will be watched like a hawk now and I don't think he has the brains to overcome his weiner. 

You really want Rhule to stick around, don't you?  Watson will do nothing but keep this team middling enough to keep that clown around.  I can tell you this much, give Rhule his full 7 years, even with Watson, and this will be one more seriously clinically depressed fan base.

2 minutes ago, jb2288 said:

We already gave you two? The Seahawks and the Chiefs both did it. Common denominator? Star rookie QB on that first contract. 

Again, see Bengals. I'm too lazy to look it up, but in the last 10 years who has won a Super Bowl besides Brady/Manning/Rookie deal QB... Stafford this year? Flacco maybe? 

Well, no you didn't, because both are bad examples. And again, as you admitted, the Bengals did not rebuild 4-5 years. 

• Flames 1

1 minute ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Basically every team's rebuild time is the period of time it takes them to draft a top tier QB.

The Rams drafted Jared Goff at the start of their rebuild, and accumulated tons of talent around him and on defense.  They realized Goff wasn't going to be enough, so they cashed out their future 1sts to go all in on the roster they built.

The Broncos traded for Wilson because correct or not, they believe they have a Super Bowl roster waiting for him.

We're just hot shotting a trade for a veteran franchise QB without the roster to go with it.  I don't understand why our current FO is so averse to drafting their own QB, when that's literally how any team goes from being bad to good.  They draft their own QB.

Exactly and couldn't agree more.

Just now, 45catfan said:

You really want Rhule to stick around, don't you?  Watson will do nothing but keep this team middling enough to keep that clown around.  I can tell you this much, give Rhule his full 7 years, even with Watson, and this will be one more seriously clinically depressed fan base.

Ahhh okay. Now the truth comes out. This is all about not wanting Rhule around. I couldn't give a poo whether Rhule sticks around or not as long as Carolina wins games. I don't think he's very good, but worse coaches have won Super Bowls. 

Well, no you didn't, because both are bad examples. And again, as you admitted, the Bengals did not rebuild 4-5 years. 

Okay I'm assuming you're purposely trolling at this point. There's no way you can be this dense. 

2 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

I was told we should patiently rebuild for 4-5 years. Still waiting on that example. 

It’s funny because like what have we been doing the past four years? Rebuilding? Or what? So like we need to wait another 4-5 years? Maybe then we can find that all too important quarterback. Just maybe.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Smittymoose said:

You told me 4-5 year rebuild. Who spent 4-5 years rebuilding? 

By the way, Chiefs traded two firsts and a mid-round pick for Mahomes. They were picking 27th in that draft. There was no rebuild. The Bills had to trade up to get Allen too. They had to give up two present seconds and a first to get him.

You always pay for a QB. We can wait a year, hope that a legitimate franchise QB develops, hope that we can get into position to draft him, and still probably will end up giving up multiple picks over multiple years to get him in the 2023 Draft. 

Those are your own examples, by the way. 

If we have to trade up some to get a franchise QB  next year, then so be it.  It's not THREE first rounders, a 2nd, 3rd and two key defensive players.  Oh by the way, clown-boy is roaming the sidelines.

I am nearly certain that if Watson goes elsewhere this team will be bad enough to get a top 15 pick. Zero doubt in my mind.  Will we have to trade up for a QB?  Possibly, but it won't be for the stupidly-insane amount we are willing to give up for Watson.