• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

2 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

At least the people who don't want Watson will still get to see him poo on us twice a year

I love how everybody just latches into the “news” they want to agree with, and ignore everything else. We’ve known for a while now that it’s up to us and the Saints. We will also present an “earth shattering, roster breaking” deal or whatever tf he said. Nothing is done yet.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, grimesgoat said:

here we go again.

Every time i post, here comes toomers with the same old schtick.  Still hanging around for some reason Russian-bot style.  Regurgitating his greatest hits like it's some fresh take. 

I always try to couch my opinions and speculations as conjecture.  What is hilarious to me is that you are convinced you know so much more than the experts in the building.  

"signing the two worst OL in the NFL".  What is your criteria for this statement?  What is your background?  How many years of coaching NFL offensive lines are we talking here?  How many hours per week do you watch tape of every lineman in the NFL?  Are they good at pass blocking?  Run blocking?  What scheme do they fit?  What schemes have they played in the past?  Is the scheme where they had the most success the same scheme the coach and OC want to run?  What other FAs might be available?  How much money can we devote to the line this year?  What does the draft look like this year?  Will there be any help there?  What other teams will need the same sort of guys we are looking for?  what is the market like?  This is the tip of the iceberg.  There are probably hundreds of pieces of data they are looking at that I don't even know about. 

And why is flexibility a bad thing.  You know guys get hurt right?  This is tackle football.  How often does an NFL offensive line remain intact for a full season with no injuries?  If your assets are limited, flexibility is important.  Only on the huddle is flexibility a negative.  A guy that can play guard and slide over to center in a pinch takes up fewer roster spots. Your solution - take all the money paid to two flexible players and give them to 1 guy that can only play one spot.  Pray he never gets hurt, even though he's running around at 300 lbs and is forcefully running into another and wrestling another 300-pound human being 45 times a game, 17 games a year.  If he does get hurt, too bad, because there is no more money and no one else that knows how to play in that spot.  The very thought that a guy that is capable of playing more than 1 offensive position can't be any good is some special stupid.  

And now you're putting decisions on which free agents to target and how much to pay them on the cap guy?  seriously?  come on dude.  get it together.  

Bottom line, Rhule has certain types of guys he likes and wants on his team.  But he doesn't know everyone in the NFL.  He has to rely on his GM and support staff to find these guys and bring them in using whatever assets are available.  I don't think Hurney was doing him any favors with his incompetence.  I get a very different vibe from Fitterer.  

Nobody is reading that dissertation 

• Pie 2

1 minute ago, The Lobo said:

@Verge does this Aaron Wilson news change anything Carolina? 

I am fairly certain we already knew the Saints were going to be all in on this. There is probably a reason that was released at the time it was though. Hard to say, very fluid situation.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

Just now, joemac said:

I love how everybody just latches into the “news” they want to agree with, and ignore everything else. We’ve known for a while now that it’s up to us and the Saints. We will also present an “earth shattering, roster breaking” deal or whatever tf he said. Nothing is done yet.

Yes that’s what I’ve been saying, our offer will be bonkers too and more suitable for the Saints. Giving them the 6th pick is huge too. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, joemac said:

Just preparing myself for disappointment. It's a coping mechanism of being a panthers fan

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

So we can see Rhule chuckling on the sidelines as we are getting killed and look somber the next day in the press conference saying if the tackle had longer arms, the QB could have been protected better....or something like that.

Imagine Rhule trying to sell Pickett to Tepper if Watson goes to the Saints,  at least we'll get an actual rebuild. The one thing I'm thinking that would give pause is the Saints reassigned a former shitty HC, but kept the long term OC who we really don't know how much input he had under Payton. For Watson I'd think it's obvious Rhule sucks and the Saints are a gamble, but Tepper may offer him more long term control. 

Just now, Verge said:

I'll obviously keep you all updated, but I doubt I will hear anything more that you won't hear from Ian and Schefter first. I still have us favorites.

So whatever you heard must have been along the lines of deshaun is cool playing here and we have the best package. Somewhere along those lines? 

• Pie 1