• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

1 minute ago, Smittymoose said:

I’ll be honest, I doubt Texans would let him meet with the Saints if they weren’t okay with whatever they could offer. Why bother? 

It will be worse than what Carolina will offer, but it will still be a ransom. 

Or they need 2 teams to have a bidding war..

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, Smittymoose said:

I’ll be honest, I doubt Texans would let him meet with the Saints if they weren’t okay with whatever they could offer. Why bother? 

It will be worse than what Carolina will offer, but it will still be a ransom. 

Correct. Texans are only letting Watson meet “serious” bidders. So if this saints rumored deal is of liking for the Texans…. Then there will be a meeting.

1 minute ago, WOW!! said:

Or they need 2 teams to have a bidding war..

I think that was the purpose of roping in New Orleans in the first place, but why bother letting it go so far as to let him meet with them just to tell him that their deal was a no go? Seems really unlikely to me.

3 hours ago, uncfan888 said:

If deshaun chooses Seattle over us, it wont bother me. They are the worst team in a really good division and their QB just forced himself out. Have fun trying to win there 

And, it would make no sinse when Wilson would have been cheaper. They need to go all in on defense and get an average QB. It's how they won it all in 2013.

7 minutes ago, Shocker said:

If Deshaun wants the Saints this thing is over folks

If Deshaun goes to the Saints, I'm not just done with the Panthers, I'm done with the NFL.

People like to $hit on our FO here, but if Tepper had his way, McCarthy would be the HC and Stafford would be our starting QB, we beat LA and Dallas's offers. 

I'm done with this whole "big market" sports BS, this crap is turning into the NBA. The Hornets will never win a championship because 3 players can choose to go in a big market and bully everyone else. 

It's not about Watson at this point, it's the fact Tepper has spared no dollar to field a winning team and is willing to give the biggest haul in NFL history and it's STILL NOT ENOUGH for us to get anyone to QB this team outside of the draft.

You're seeing why Rhule still has a job, because anyone who has a big TV name steals any players that are not drafted.

We are now the Hornets, we have to overpay and players and coaches still won't come here.

It's not even about Watson at this point, we HAVE TO WIN this trade, we will deal with Watson for up to 13 years if we don't.

If Houston lets the Saints screw them, the NFL can kiss my A$$

Edited by Chiefzack
  • Pie 6
  • Flames 2

3 minutes ago, Chiefzack said:

If Deshaun goes to the Saints, I'm not just done with the Panthers, I'm done with the NFL.

People like to $hit on our FO here, but if Tepper had his way, McCarthy would be the HC and Stafford would be our starting QB, we beat LA and Dallas's offers. 

I'm done with this whole "big market" sports BS, this crap is turning into the NBA. The Hornets will never win a championship because 3 players can choose to go in a big market and bully everyone else. 

Saints aren’t some big market, they’re just much better run than we are with better coaches and players.  The disparity is so big even the biggest Panthers fanboys can’t talk themselves in this thread into explaining why Watson would objectively prefer us to them

• Poo 1