• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

Typically if you’re the first person to get a job interview, and then they start adding more candidates and doing more interviews after you, it means you’re not getting it. Which I would say is good in this case. But then Rhule will trade the next two firsts for Baker Mayfield, so there’s not a genuinely good outcome. 

• Pie 4

We are regularly the only team mentioned in the Watson sweepstakes who no one in the media provides commentary about.

If I’m Tepper, that’s what bothers me the most. The irrelevance. But we also have a lame duck coach. We need to establish a culture and some sort of brand outside of hiring a bunch of college names that lose on the pro level.

1 minute ago, CPantherKing said:

They tried. Watson won't meet with them. He doesn't want to be that far away from Mama Watson in Georgia.

Daaaaang. The guy has more issues than Time Magazine.

Still, the Seahawks are incredibly good at keeping things quiet. No one saw the Wilson to Denver trade.

1 hour ago, unicar15 said:

1. What is the allure with New Orleans over CAR? I could understand with Sean Payton as the HC. But you’re going to a place where a legendary head coach just left, they missed the playoffs, and Dennis Allen is at the helm now? Not to mention the sorcery that Loomis pulled to create $100 mil in cap room is for sure going to catch up to them in the next few years. Don’t understand NO at all. 

2. The Atlanta situation to me seems like it’s completely about home comfort (which isn’t real) and not about football at all. The front office in ATL imo is one of the worst in the league. Even after they canned Dimitrov. They are digging themselves out of contracts that he left them. Fontnote is ok I guess? But he’s had one off-season. Basically he made one move last year…Kyle Pitts. He drafted Richie Grant who basically couldn’t get on the field? The falcons football situation is horrendous outside of maybe their coach and GM. The roster needs a ton of work and they have zero resources for multiple years. Then if they trade all the resources they have for Watson….I almost hope that if he doesn’t come here he goes there. Bc they’re going to be a dumpster fire for years even with Deshaun.  It’ll be a revolving door of old, overpaid free agents who get injured. 

Contrast those situations with what Fitt has prepped for the last 12-15 months. It’s not close as far as who has the best football situation. Rhule aside (he’s replaceable). Our cap is the best possible scenario. We’d lose very little that isn’t replaceable with free agents or draft picks. We’d be the the east coast version of the Rams in 18 mo. 

I don't know what you are smoking but I'd like an ounce, if possible.

2 minutes ago, OceanPanther said:

I read on the Saints board, a post saying , Watson started following the Falcons yesterday and they him. He doesn't follow any of the other teams involved.  

I don't  do twitter ,  so can't verify

Just checked. Untrue.

• Beer 2

5 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Allbright won’t say the team that’s the “mystery team” but people are speculating that it’s the Eagles who are ashamed to put their name out there because DW has now told them no twice lol 

Has to be Eagles or Giants.