• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

have you accepted that sam darnold is the week 1 starter yet?

2 minutes ago, Pimpdaddy said:

...What scares me is... I think we actually have a legitimate chance to have the distinction of being the first team to go 0-17.... don't underestimate the suck.

that would be awesome, seriously that would be incredible, I would rather go 0-17 then something like 7-10.  I would tune in every week if we were winless

• Pie 1

Sam is NOT an elite QB and looked bad last year.  He looked good games 1-3, then CMC went down and we replaced him with literally the absolute WORST receiving back in the league (Chubba).   Robbie got the dropsies, and we traded Dan Arnold and a 3rd for CJ Henderson who played like total ass.  This left forcing the ball to DJ, which the other teams picked up on.   Line injuries pilled up and we went from  1 sack in G1 to 2 sacks in G2 to 5 sacks in G5.  We peaked with 7 sacks G16.  Our starting line wasn't good, but our backups were total a total sht-show.

If CMC is truly made of tissue paper now, we are fcked in any event, even with Watson. 

Hopefully they know to get rid of Chubba.  A smaller back who hasn't learned how to catch a checkdown is worthless in the NFL.

I'd be more optimistic about drafting a QB at 6 ONLY if it's Willis and the team makes the choice not to play him at all his rookie season. Ala Trey Lance. And next year you have Darnolds contract coming off the books and a full slate of high draft picks. Then the priority would be keeping DJ Moore and maybe Burns if the loss of Reddick pushes him to become the best version of himself. Other pricey guys, like CMC and Shaq, would likely finally be able to be moved too. 

12 minutes ago, ImaginaryKev said:

If they DO decide to go QB and it's Pickett then nope. I'm out

Yeah I just don't feel good about that guy or really any of them this year. Willis is the closest to being interesting, but he's like 2nd round interesting.