• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Minshew maybe?

Jmac

28 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Unless he's taking us to the playoffs, there's no point. Winning 7-8 games hurts the franchise long term. Next years QB class is much better than this one. Endure the season, send Rhule packing. New HC gets to select his QB with a top pick, or a trade up costs less if we have to, and begin again. 

You never know...if we can solidify the Oline and have a decent running game (CMC stays vertical and with our 230 lb FA running back), he may just win us enough games to make the playoffs. Then all bets are off once you get in...anything can happen. 

4 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Rhule knows he has to win or he's out. He's been publicly told as much. He lost his best shot at that with DW. He's desperate. Because he's desperate, we're desperate. 

AS reported by Jones, Ellis, Newton and hinted by Verge..... its evident that Rhule isnt running the FO right now. The team that is trying to build franchise is Scott F/Samir/Dan Morgan.... the moves we make now are not just for 2022, but establshing a foundatoin for 2023 +.... The contracts these players are signing are multi year deals, and not rental contracts. 

If you microfocus on Rhule, you are going to lose site of the big picture.

• Pie 1

I think Gardner Minshew's biggest issue is that he wasn't a high draft pick.  Some guys get type casted as something less than what they are based on draft position.  If Gardner were a 1st round or early pick, people would be taking notice of how well he's played when he's gotten a shot.  Meanwhile guys like Sam Darnold play like poop and teams want more of it.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

AS reported by Jones, Ellis, Newton and hinted by Verge..... its evident that Rhule isnt running the FO right now. The team that is trying to build franchise is Scott F/Samir/Dan Morgan.... the moves we make now are not just for 2022, but establshing a foundatoin for 2023 +.... The contracts these players are signing are multi year deals, and not rental contracts. 

If you microfocus on Rhule, you are going to lose site of the big picture.

As hinted by those guys we were getting Watson. Truth is, we really don't know the dynamic in the FO and there have been a lot of changes there personnel and structure wise. 

• Pie 1

10 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Rhule knows he has to win or he's out. He's been publicly told as much. He lost his best shot at that with DW. He's desperate. Because he's desperate, we're desperate. 

Rhule's got a fat contract and will have no problem finding a college gig, if he gets fired.

He ain't desperate. He probably already knows he's not long for this place.

Edited by djp14
  • Pie 1

1 minute ago, PanthersGTI said:

As hinted by those guys we were getting Watson. Truth is, we really don't know the dynamic in the FO and there have been a lot of changes there personnel and structure wise. 

they were saying that these FA acquisitions had Dan Morgan's thumbprint on them

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, djp14 said:

Rhule's got a fat contract and will have no problem finding a college gig, if he gets fired.

He ain't desperate. He probably already knows he's not long for this place.

Well Rhule seems to be a guy that hates losing more than he likes winning. But he is also patient. So, what we are seeing is a guy acclimating to NFL life and he is struggling to find his footing. If he truly wants to succeed at the highest level, he will continue to fight and make adjustments. History has shown that Rhule is resilient in that way. Now we just have to see if he is up to the challenge of his notorious "third year turn-around" in the NFL. We have a good roster, we have made coaching changes. Things aren't over until they are over.

For the record, I'm on the fence with Rhule. I was an avid supporter when he got hired, but have lost faith continuously since then (for a variety of reasons aside from losing). But... I also understand the reality of his history. He has done this before.

• Pie 2

Just watched Minshew on youtube again and he throws a nice ball and is pretty mobile. We could do a lot worse. Jake wasn't a top ten QB and he got the job done. Brady was drafted in the 6th round (I am not saying he is Brady 2.0). I say the guy may be a diamond in the rough.

Edited by Jmac
  • Beer 3

If you compare Minshew to Newton, with the exception of our dominant super bowl year in 2015, is Minshew a medicore quarterback? It could be argued that he can be a quality starter, if given an opportunity. Minshew's average QBR is a 93.9. he has thrown 41 TD's to only 12 int's!!! His completion percentage is 63.24%. But, if you look at his improvement for the 3 years he has played in the NFL, he keeps getting better! If we had a solid Offensive line, with our weapons, man. I think we could do alot worse than giving Minshew a chance to prove it in a starting role. The swagger and mustache are real! 

Minshew Stats.jpg

Newton Stats.jpg

Edited by Louie
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

15 minutes ago, Louie said:

If you compare Minshew to Newton, with the exception of our dominant super bowl year in 2015, is Minshew a medicore quarterback? It could be argued that he can be a quality starter, if given an opportunity. Minshew's average QBR is a 93.9. he has thrown 41 TD's to only 12 int's!!! His completion percentage is 63.24%. But, if you look at his improvement for the 3 years he has played in the NFL, he keeps getting better! If we had a solid Offensive line, with our weapons, man. I think we could do alot worse than giving Minshew a chance to prove it in a starting role. The swagger and mustache are real! 

Minshew Stats.jpg

Newton Stats.jpg

I actually think we could get him for a 4th (or at most a 3rd in next year's draft). Which with his youth and and how he has played in his 22 starts, is a bargain. A no lose situation. Low salary requirements and major upside make it a no brainer.

Edited by Jmac
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

2 hours ago, Jmac said:

I actually think we could get him for a 4th (or at most a 3rd in next year's draft). Which with his youth and and how he has played in his 22 starts, is a bargain. A no lose situation. Low salary requirements and major upside make it a no brainer.

I hope the FO sees it this way