• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Pickett > Malik Willis (at least for us)

janderson20vt

32 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

If you guys want a real look at the quarterbacks you can often just search YouTube for sasy "Malik Willis vs" and find cuts of every snap by the quarterback each game. I've watched a lot of Willis the last week, and it's kind of been disappointing.

Don't get me wrong he's an amazing scrambler, runner, and has a really strong arm. However, he doesn't seem to have the field vision you need to be an NFL quarterback. He misses open options, and sometimes just doesn't see the defenders. Sometimes his accuracy reminds me of PJ Walker's bullets, but he has much better long ball accuracy which makes him intriguing.

Out of the two quarterbacks I think I would take Pickett and hope he develops into a classic pocket passer. He'll have to learn to navigate the pocket much better instead of scrambling out like he does far too often (probably the biggest knock that I've seen).

Sam Howell is also interesting, and I feel after watching so many of his games he's being underrated. 

Even his highlight throws show poor mechanics.   And this is a dude who has had a private qb coach since he was 13.   

4 hours ago, OldhamA said:

I've never slurped anyone in my life. As for Darnold - he looked good until the hits started to add up. He's shell shocked again now - shite job by our OC and our HC / GM.

The QBs last year were much better than this year - I'd take Jones at #6 if he was available this year, no problem.

I wanted to take Mahomes, but we took McCaffrey instead. 🤷‍♂️

GIF by Almost Christmas Movie

39 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

A lot of people who have an ounce of knowledge knew Liberty had a football team… before Matt Rhule was coach of the Panthers he was the coach of Baylor and who did they lose to in his first game? Liberty… In fact, for G5 teams, Liberty probably plays one of the strongest schedules year in and year out. Next year they play Wake Forest, Arkansas, BYU, and Virginia Tech.

Not to mention, Willis and Lance trained with the same QB coach (Sean McEvoy). McEvoy has said multiple times that Willis even has the better arm.

As for why he transferred to. Liberty. Willis is a devout Christian and really liked the atmosphere that Liberty provided him with along with learning under a former SEC coach.

Do a little research before spewing your nonsense.

There are much better quality Christian schools, BYU for instance.  Again, he may of had his personal reasons for going to Liberty, but they are not name brand school no matter how hard you try to make them relevant.  Yes, small schools play big schools all the time because they get payed well to do so...even at the price of embarrassment.  I get you're a Willis fan, but he's not that good and hyping up his school to make him look better is a little odd.

13 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

There are much better quality Christian schools, BYU for instance.  Again, he may of had his personal reasons for going to Liberty, but they are not name brand school no matter how hard you try to make them relevant.  Yes, small schools play big schools all the time because they get payed well to do so...even at the price of embarrassment.  I get you're a Willis fan, but he's not that good and hyping up his school to make him look better is a little odd.

BYU is a Mormon school. Big difference between Mormon and Christian.  Technically Baylor is a Christian school so maybe he should have wwnt and played for Rhule.

Just now, Pazhoosier89 said:

BYU is a Mormon school. Big difference between Mormon and Christian.  Technically Baylor is a Christian school so maybe he should have wwnt and played for Rhule.

Mormon is a Christian denomination, but yeah, they are typically very exclusive.  There are plenty of Christian schools that have a more seasoned track record than Liberty who happened to just jump to FBS just a few years ago.

23 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Again you have no idea what you are talking about…

BYU is Mormon and Liberty is Baptist… the beliefs are not even remotely the same.

No G5 team is playing three P5 schools a year.. and Liberty is the one that is shelling out money to play these schools. They’ve paid Syracuse to visit Lynchburg and they are paying Virginia Tech do the same.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Again you have no idea what you are talking about…

BYU is Mormon and Liberty is Baptist… the beliefs are not even remotely the same.

No G5 team is playing three P5 schools a year.. and Liberty is the one that is shelling out money to play these schools. They’ve paid Syracuse to visit Lynchburg and they are paying Virginia Tech do the same.

Yes, they are paying ONE power 5 school to come to Lynchburg.   They play Wake, Virginia Tech, Arkansas and BYU this year.  Four decent teams and then the powerhouse football teams of Southern Miss, UAB, Akron, Old Dominion, UMass, Gardner-Webb, UConn and New Mexico State.   I mean you can't be a serious team and play all scrubs.  Again, I get your Willis fandom, but this putting Liberty on a pedestal to make him look better is getting a little ridiculous.