• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Pickett > Malik Willis (at least for us)

janderson20vt

5 minutes ago, CmC2k said:

Teddy used to be really mobile before his knee injury and Pickett has a slightly better arm, but they are really similar. 

Except Kenny's release is much faster. Teddy has a slow release. Release time is very important as slower releases give dbs more time to react to where the ball is going. That was Fields problem at college and last season for the Bears. 

Watch Teddy pre injury in 2014 and 2015. People really forget just how bad that injury was and how much it killed his arm strength and his mobility. I think the offense will really benefit from having a QB who's able to at the very least be able to operate it. The offense in 2020 would run circles around the 2021 offense and that's all because we had a competent QB.  

3 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Don’t think that’s it, Daniel Jones has a cannon and his accuracy is also poo.

It's actually reversed. Jones has average arm strength for a QB and his accuracy is lauded. If you are looking at numbers, consider his offensive line and his targets. He also trusts his accuracy a bit too much and throws into tight coverage. Causes problems.

5 minutes ago, XClown1986 said:

It's actually reversed. Jones has average arm strength for a QB and his accuracy is lauded. If you are looking at numbers, consider his offensive line and his targets. He also trusts his accuracy a bit too much and throws into tight coverage. Causes problems.

Maybe out of college but everyone raves about Jones improved arm strength (https://giantswire.usatoday.com/2020/08/24/new-york-giants-jerry-schuplinski-daniel-jones-arm-strength-eye-opening/).

And no, Daniel Jones has never and will never be accurate. His career completion % at Duke was 59% (read number 4 - https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/big-blue-plus/5-areas-where-daniel-jones-must-improve-in-2021)

Edited by MillionDollarCam

Just now, MillionDollarCam said:

Maybe out of college but everyone raves about Jones improved arm strength.

And no, Daniel Jones has never and will never be accurate. His career completion % at Duke was 59%.

Look all I'm saying is look at his receivers drops from college to pros. Its high. And skews the numbers. 

I know people are disagreeing about me not liking Pickett for not making his reads. What Pickett will do is not even see an open receiver, and then scramble and make a great throw to a receiver who wasn't the main target. In college that is wonderful. In the pros that is a very different situation.

1 minute ago, XClown1986 said:

Look all I'm saying is look at his receivers drops from college to pros. Its high. And skews the numbers. 

For sure, he probably has more drops than any NFL QB but even with the drops it’s still not great.

Read number four of this article - https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/big-blue-plus/5-areas-where-daniel-jones-must-improve-in-2021

So if Jones was at 55% when hitting on targets and that doesn’t factor in drops then maybe he gets boosted to 60% which is still ass.

If Pickett is Jones then I want none of him.

On 3/18/2022 at 5:48 PM, janderson20vt said:

He's the most pro ready QB in this draft by a long shot. Check out his draft profile and scouting reports. Him with a new found potentially above average oline, a  good receiving group, and a respectable defense on the other side of the ball? Sign me up.

Malik Willis has an awesome arm but is much more of a developmental product. Pickett improved greatly from '20 to '21 and did it against much better competition than Willis. Do you trust us to develop him? Lol

Jimmy Clausen was also pro ready 😂 

4 minutes ago, pantherj said:

I know people are disagreeing about me not liking Pickett for not making his reads. What Pickett will do is not even see an open receiver, and then scramble and make a great throw to a receiver who wasn't the main target. In college that is wonderful. In the pros that is a very different situation.

He did that many of times specifically to the right side which is why I question how Pitt was asking him to read the field.

1 hour ago, pantherj said:

Pickett reads the right half of the field against more competent defenses, and throws to the guy he's eye ahead of time, or checks down. Watch Pickett against Tennessee. Pro defense will eat him up.

I live in Knoxville and watched the UT game live. Pickett was frustrating the UT fans because he navigated the pocket so well and seemed to make the right call when needed. They put up 42 points on the road at UT (yeah they aren’t elite, but it was a SEC defense vs ACC offense). If it was 3rd down everyone knew Pickett was going to make the play. He had over 300 total yards, 3 TDs and 0 INTs. If he did this reading half of the field, then UT was stupid and allowed it. You take what the defense gives you. 

• Flames 1

9 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I live in Knoxville and watched the UT game live. Pickett was frustrating the UT fans because he navigated the pocket so well and seemed to make the right call when needed. They put up 42 points on the road at UT (yeah they aren’t elite, but it was a SEC defense vs ACC offense). If it was 3rd down everyone knew Pickett was going to make the play. He had over 300 total yards, 3 TDs and 0 INTs. If he did this reading half of the field, then UT was stupid and allowed it. You take what the defense gives you. 

I just hope we do a deep dive to figure out his incredible jump in stats.  Was it a fluke or a true natural progression?  I dont know

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

I just hope we do a deep dive to figure out his incredible jump in stats.  Was it a fluke or a true natural progression?  I dont know

Oh yeah I get the red flags. Hand size, average arm strength, older, one year wonder, I just saying that last year his strength was going to progressions. The one read, half field myth falls more into Willis/Howell this past year and that’s mainly because they didn’t have much of an OL to stand behind and make reads.