• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

None of these moves matter without our franchise QB

Kraybrothers

Not to mention Mahomes, Allen, Watson, Lamar Jackson , the GOAT etc depending on your flavor of QB don’t grow on trees. They are very hard to find and not one of those guys were considered “can’t miss” elite level QBs. None of them were the first pick. Building a roster that can win/be competitive without one of those guys makes us A) more attractive when a Stafford or whomever does become available. B) helps any QB be more successful and is especially important with a young or rookie QB. This is exactly what they should do. 

Helps us whether Rhule and them get lucky on a rookie /throw poo at the wall level QB this year and also makes us more attractive for a good Coach hire and QB next year if it shakes out that Rhule just can’t coach his way out of a paper bag

Don't need a franchise QB to compete. Jake wasn't considered a top QB and he got the job done. Need a solid team with a *competent coaching staff to do the job...add a smart QB with some skills and it can take them far.

*competent coaching staff needs to be next after the QB .

Edited by Jmac
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, Kraybrothers said:

You are mistaking.

Last year we had some really great free agent pick-ups. Reddick, Jones, Fox etc. 

Year one Robby Anderson 1200 yards

How about some substance in your posts - instead of insults - makes you look intellectually lacking.

No we had some pretty good 1 year deals. This year we are filling out our offense for the future. With quality pick ups and resignings. Also Robbie disappeared last year and it wasn't the line or QB so that could be questioned. Either way what we have done this year no matter what QB starts is build inside out and it's something that should have been addressed in the 3 prior years. I could go more in depth but I'm not going to write a novel for you. Hopefully that's enough "substance" for you. 

3 minutes ago, Kraybrothers said:

Prove me wrong

I keep seeing these redundant threads about "Rhule has no excuses". Listen, Rhule's issue was never team building. He showed through the past two years he can build an elite defense (#2 in yards allowed despite his defense having to be on the field a tremendous amount), through the draft and free agency. This has never been his issue looking good on paper.

His issue is that the CAROLINA PANTHERS cannot seem to get the QB position down. In this league you need an elite QB that can win you games despite the inconsistencies that constantly happen in football. Our offensive line looks great, defense looks okay, but without a game-defining QB, we will not win games.

Our best chance is to pray for a miracle that Cam can turn his poo around the past two years or that Kenny Pickett is more developed then the haters are saying (which I think he is).

All I'm saying is that the most important position for a team is NOT head coach, it's Quarterback. That's the sole reasons that Green Bay, Indianapolis, New England, Pittsburgh etc all had their DECADES of relevance.

Point being: These moves don't mean poo if we don't have someone to run the show. Our defense was great last year. Darnold didn't hit a passing touchdown his last 8 or 9 games. 

I've said this before.  You can't run an offense with the line that we had before.  Darnold is probably not the answer but when you put ANY QB behind that line he wasn't going to do well.  Just look at the 2021 Super Bowl.  KC was without both LT and got expose by TB.  Their line was abysmal in the Super Bowl and they got destroyed even with Mahomes.  

Pickett and any QB in this draft has question marks on whether they will succeed in the NFL.  While I am not again drafting one.  That QB, whoever he may be, will have a much better chance at surviving with a competent line.

To prove you wrong, Mark Rypien, Nick Foles, Jim McMahon, Joe Flacco, Brad Johnson, Jeff Hostetler, Doug Williams and Trent Dilfer.  All of these players were not franchise QBs but won a Super Bowl because they had a good cast around them. 

PROVE ME WRONG 

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2
  • Poo 1

8 minutes ago, Kraybrothers said:

The POINT is that the threads "Rhule has no excuses" are ridiculous. This roster is not made for the playoffs at all. 

Doesn’t change the fact that Rhule has no excuses. He had year 1 and 2 to figure out the QB situation but he poo the bed and put us in a hole we’re currently trying to dig ourselves out of. Year 3 is more than likely a do or die year for him.

• Beer 1

all about the future, you think SF would have an issue getting a worthwhile QB with options? no. Hell even Watson tried lol

i could go on and on with examples, building a legit team before a qb is not a bad blueprint, in fact it is proven TONS of examples 

the problem isn’t that blueprint it’s that that blueprint usually has stable/good coaching

11 minutes ago, Kraybrothers said:

The POINT is that the threads "Rhule has no excuses" are ridiculous. This roster is not made for the playoffs at all. 

not buying this, Rhule told everyone we’d win with Darnold, so he has no excuse, if the team can’t make the playoffs with Rhule’s roster after 3 years, time to move on

Edited by onmyown
  • Pie 1

A competent coach should be able to get this roster to 8-9 wins. It’s a 17 game schedule. Rhule needs to prove he is one. Everything we’ve seen prior has been a poo show. The fact they are addressing the oline finally and making some smart moves will make me be much more ok if they do decide to draft a rookie QB. A monster oline paired with a good defense helps everyone 

True but outside of Rhule the panthers are a much more desirable destination today than they were on Monday. I don’t anticipate any other god tier QBs becoming available🤣 but at least QBs can look at the roster and see the potential 

I think the best bet is bring Cam back for one more year and keep our draft assets. 

Jimmy G, Minshew, Cousins, all those guys will cost more money, more time, and more picks. And they may do well and win some games but those guys have shown they are not clutch winners. Cam has shown that. I’d rather give him the best chance he’s had to succeed in a while, and then if we suck then we can at least gear up for a better QB class in next years draft.

Im also somewhat glad we missed on Watson because I don’t want Rhule to be able to cheat his job security. The man has to show he can build a team.

Edited by OneBadCat