• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

None of these moves matter without our franchise QB

Kraybrothers

37 minutes ago, Adb6368 said:

Why did Brady go to the bucs?

Why did Watson go to the browns?

why did Stafford go to the rams?

answer those questions and you’ll understand why these moves matter 

Of course they matter and they paid off but you're not always going to have a franchise QB land in you lap.   Detroit let Stafford go because he had no chance of winning there.  Watson wanted out of Houston and 230 million guaranteed is insane.  Brady picked his spot and got another ring.  

When you don't have a franchise QB are you supposed to just tank until you do?  No you have to find a competent replacement until you get lucky enough to land one.  No one knows what a rookie is going to bring.  Last year everyone had Mac Jones as the lowest rated QB and probably had the best season of all the rookies.

In the meantime you build your team to succeed with the best talent around your QB and hope they are good enough to win with them and a good defense. 

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Agree. I’m a bit worried about all the money we are spending this year as it makes me think we will go QB in the draft. The optimism is all of a sudden off the charts but we have a gaping hole at QB. I don’t want to have 8-9 wins and again miss out on Herbert or last year’s QBs.

That is why i say trade for Minshew.  He's on the last year of his rookie contract and if he doesn't pan out we can let him go with minimal damage. 

It all depends on what Philly values him at.  I say trade away 6 for 15 and Minshew and you can name another pick. 

You get your QB and still have a good chance to address the line some more. 

5 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

That is why i say trade for Minshew.  He's on the last year of his rookie contract and if he doesn't pan out we can let him go with minimal damage. 

It all depends on what Philly values him at.  I say trade away 6 for 15 and Minshew and you can name another pick. 

You get your QB and still have a good chance to address the line some more. 

I think Minshew has more than proven he doesn’t have it. He will be good for a few games, like any good backup, and then regress. 
I wouldn’t mind Minshew to replace PJ but as a potential starter I don’t really think he is the answer. 

8 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I think Minshew has more than proven he doesn’t have it. He will be good for a few games, like any good backup, and then regress. 
I wouldn’t mind Minshew to replace PJ but as a potential starter I don’t really think he is the answer. 

I'm not 100% sold on that assessment.  He's been with some pretty bad teams yet managed to win.  He may not be the answer but he better than Darnold and probably better than any draft pick this year.

All these QBs have major question marks about them.  Personally I like Howell and think he'll be the best of the group.