• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Unverified and unsubstantiated....Panthers Closing in on Trade for Love

Biggdaddi1022

16 minutes ago, ATLpanther said:

There’s a reason that the Packers resigned Rodgers for record money. Love is a bust. I rather roll with Darnold behind a revamped OL than give even a late round pick for Love. I’m done with the knee jerk bandaid projects

The reason the Packers resigned Rodgers is because he’s Rodgers. It has nothing to do with Love really.

4 minutes ago, joemac said:

The reason the Packers resigned Rodgers is because he’s Rodgers. It has nothing to do with Love really.

Oh, it has something to do with Love alright. If they thought he was an elite QB in the making they would've been ready to roll with him. I mean, that was the plan when they drafted him in the late 1st just like it was when they drafted Rodgers in the late 1st when Favre was still there.

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

My turn.

panthers are prepping roster for huge trade with ravens.. they willl be acquiring Lamar Jackson for 2 firsts after they franchise Lamar early next year.

lamar is negotiating his own contract and prefers the panthers roster than the ravens.

I've actually heard that it wouldn't be a surprise if the Ravens stealth trade Jackson before his next contract 

2 minutes ago, KillerKat said:

Bridgewater still hasn't been the starting QB of a team that has gone to a SB and another Conference Championship. Whatever you say negates your whole argument. Crappy QBs don't do that. The shitting on Jimmy G on this board is unwarranted. Yeah you can be warry of him because of his shoulder surgery, but I keep seeing comparisons to Bridgewater, Darnold, and w/e crappy QB you can come up with and it is complete bullshit.

Myself, I am warry because of his recent surgery and would rather go after Baker instead. 

He was carried to the Super Bowl and lost it because of him. He was carried last year and lost it because of him He threw 75 total yards in the 2019 NFC Championship. He was carried by his defense and running game. I will continue to trash Jimmy because he gets credit for stuff that he isn’t responsible for. 
If Bridgewater had of been on that 2019 with that defense and running game he would have made the Super Bowl. 
He is another Foles and on any other team he would be terrible. Just like Foles. 

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Oh, it has something to do with Love alright. If they thought he was an elite QB in the making they would've been ready to roll with him. I mean, that was the plan when they drafted him in the late 1st just like it was when they drafted Rodgers in the late 1st when Favre was still there.

Yep. It's one of the reasons Rodgers was so pissed. They could have used that pick to bolster the roster around him but instead spent it on a potential replacement.

8 minutes ago, joemac said:

Yes Rodgers is a beast. They traded up in the first round to get Love so do you really think they’d just let him rot on the bench and pay Rodgers a record contract (and jack up their cap) if he was good?! He’s not good homie

2 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

He was carried to the Super Bowl and lost it because of him. He was carried last year and lost it because of him He threw 75 total yards in the 2019 NFC Championship. He was carried by his defense and running game. I will continue to trash Jimmy because he gets credit for stuff that he isn’t responsible for. 
If Bridgewater had of been on that 2019 with that defense and running game he would have made the Super Bowl. 
He is another Foles and on any other team he would be terrible. Just like Foles. 

Wait…. But the 49ers went to the super bowl the very next year…..

10 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

My turn.

panthers are prepping roster for huge trade with ravens.. they willl be acquiring Lamar Jackson for 2 firsts after they franchise Lamar early next year.

lamar is negotiating his own contract and prefers the panthers roster than the ravens.

Another bidding war we would lose.  Just being realistic.  From Florida so Tampa probably gets him.

8 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

It blowsy mind folks can't see this. Classic example of the reality that QBs usually get more credit than they deserve when the team is doing well and more blame than they deserve when the team isn't doing well. Jimmy G is and was trash carried by a good team.

Foles... nah, he isn't good but that dude did capture lightning in a bottle during that run. He was a big reason why they won the SB. In the NFC CG and SB he threw for a combined 700+ yards and 6 TDs vs. only 1 INT whole completing roughly 70% of his attempts. That's ELITE play if only for a very brief yet pivotal period.

• Pie 2

5 minutes ago, TLGPanthersFan said:

I want to keep going at this post… the 49ers are 8-27 without Jimmy and 35-15 with him. poo on his performances all you want, the bottom line is that they are a better football team with Jimmy than they are without Jimmy.

Just now, Shocker said:

Another bidding war we would lose.  Just being realistic.  From Florida so Tampa probably gets him.

It would happen this year most likely, especially if the ravens are unable to extend him. It’s too risky going into the off-season , they could Franchise tag him, but he would be cheaper for competing teams to acquire him. They would only have to give up 2 1sts at max if was franchise tagged.

if it’s a trade he wouldn’t have a choice, bc it’s still his rookie contract.