• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kenny Pickett Pro Day today

BurnNChinn

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

Pointed out elsewhere that the guy who holds the #5 pick right now is pretty good friends with our Assistant GM.

A deal to move up a single spot wouldn't necessarily require huge compensation, especially if the two guys making the deal are on good terms.

Oh, that's interesting. It may very well happen.

14 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

It was 3. Only 3

Not sure if that list is accurate. That list shows that he only fumbled 26 times. According to reports he fumbled 38 but lost 26.

By all accounts it was three fumbles when he was running the football, that doesn’t account for fumbles in the pocket.

Edited by MillionDollarCam

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

In my fantasy world, we trade #6 plus an additional pick or player package for #5 and #7.

That's not likely to happen, but it'd sure be nice 😃

It would be amazing if we somehow took a shot at quarterback while also getting a top tackle prospect. I've gone gray since the Panthers last took a serious tackle prospect.

16 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Not sure if that list is accurate. That list shows that he only fumbled 26 times. According to reports he fumbled 38 but lost 26.

By all accounts it was three fumbles when he was running the football, that doesn’t account for fumbles in the pocket.

The 38 and 26 are for all the years he was at Pitt. In 2021 he had 3 fumbles and no fumbles lost. 

Edited by carpanfan96
  • Pie 2

I don’t think his hands are that bad of an issue. Check out his thumb when he is showing Fitt and McAdoo his stretched out hand it bends up severely first then goes out. This doesn’t matter when it wraps around the football as he demonstrates. That could more than make up the 3/8 of an inch he is under 9 inches. 

No news from Panthers because the whole front office, scouts, and coaches were in Pittsburgh.

I have been thinking, Huddlenation, and here is what I thunk:

1.  The Falcons will not trade up for a QB with Mariota--they will not draft a QB in round 1 either--too many needs.

2. The Lions may enter the Mayfield sweepstake, so they are not taking a QB at #2.

3.  The Eagles took Pickett to dinner.  The Eagles have 3 picks in round 1 (15, 16, and 19), so they can have anyone they want if they are willing to pay.  They seem to like Pickett.  Would they give up #16 and #19 to trade up to #5 or #4?  Unlikely that deal goes down for Pickett, but I think the Eagles are the biggest threat to getting Pickett away from Rhule and Co.

4.  The Steelers share facilities with Pickett and they sorta need a QB, even though they have Trubiski.  At pick 20, they do not have the muscle to get up to #5 or sooner.

5.  So it seems that the Panthers could roll the dice, move back four or five spots, and still get any QB they want--assuming Atlanta is happy with Mariota and Philly does not make a move.

• Pie 1

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

No news from Panthers because the whole front office, scouts, and coaches were in Pittsburgh.

I have been thinking, Huddlenation, and here is what I thunk:

1.  The Falcons will not trade up for a QB with Mariota--they will not draft a QB in round 1 either--too many needs.

2. The Lions may enter the Mayfield sweepstake, so they are not taking a QB at #2.

3.  The Eagles took Pickett to dinner.  The Eagles have 3 picks in round 1 (15, 16, and 19), so they can have anyone they want if they are willing to pay.  They seem to like Pickett.  Would they give up #16 and #19 to trade up to #5 or #4?  Unlikely that deal goes down for Pickett, but I think the Eagles are the biggest threat to getting Pickett away from Rhule and Co.

4.  The Steelers share facilities with Pickett and they sorta need a QB, even though they have Trubiski.  At pick 20, they do not have the muscle to get up to #5 or sooner.

5.  So it seems that the Panthers could roll the dice, move back four or five spots, and still get any QB they want--assuming Atlanta is happy with Mariota and Philly does not make a move.

#5 is owned by a division rival of the Eagles.

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I don’t think his hands are that bad of an issue. Check out his thumb when he is showing Fitt and McAdoo his stretched out hand it bends up severely first then goes out. This doesn’t matter when it wraps around the football as he demonstrates. That could more than make up the 3/8 of an inch he is under 9 inches. 

He has double jointed thumbs. The hands are still a worry when you have the biggest fastest strongest dudes in the world swatting at your hand to get the ball out. I don’t know if this will be an issue for him because it’s impossible to predict the future but the fact teams are literally asking him to show the grip points to it being a concern for teams. 

perspective on Pickett's 8.5 inch hands of 663 QBs w measured hand sizes since 1987, only 9 had smaller than 8.5" hands there is no QB in the NFL with 8.5" hands there has been no QB to enter the NFL in at least 5 yrs w 8.5" hands last successful QB w 8.5" hands was Mike Vick

41 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Not that it has anything to do with Pickett, but I've long maintained that Carr actually could have been a good quarterback. But in his first few years with the Texans, he got the sh-ttiest coaching imaginable.

They didn't feel it was necessary to teach him to read defenses. They just had him throwing to a spot depending on what the play was.

Carr absolutely could have been good.   He got destroyed on an historic level early on and never recovered 

5 hours ago, BurnNChinn said:

Pickett is like don’t draft me u dumb fug!

Except he agreed to play for Rhule at Temple

3 hours ago, OldhamA said:

In what sense?

He literally lost at home to a Redshirt Freshman QB (making his 5th career start) on one of the worst Miami teams in recent memory. 

Like when he was a red shirt freshmen and beat then number 2 Miami to knock them out of the championship? That's why you hate Pickett. 

3 hours ago, bobcat91 said:

I like everything I see. Watching this, he can make all the throws. Touch, arm strength, placement. If we go QB at 6, I want Pickett 

brother GIF

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

According to Gantt's "road show" article, our contingent was even bigger than we knew.

The Panthers had head coach Matt Rhule and general manager Scott Fitterer at Pittsburgh Monday, along with assistant general manager Dan Morgan, vice president of player personnel Pat Stewart, college scouting director Cole Spencer, and area scout Eli Montague. They were joined by offensive coordinator Ben McAdoo and quarterbacks coach Sean Ryan.

Damn 😳

So, I'm pretty sure I've read that everything is Rhule's fault. This sounds like a propaganda piece to me. 🤪

53 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

...last season.

Someone else confirmed that previously. Also said none of them were lost.

I read 1 was lost but I don't think it matters much at this point. We're all over him. 

Edited by Panthers Rhule

1 minute ago, TheRumGone said:

He has double jointed thumbs. The hands are still a worry when you have the biggest fastest strongest dudes in the world swatting at your hand to get the ball out. I don’t know if this will be an issue for him because it’s impossible to predict the future but the fact teams are literally asking him to show the grip points to it being a concern for teams. 

perspective on Pickett's 8.5 inch hands of 663 QBs w measured hand sizes since 1987, only 9 had smaller than 8.5" hands there is no QB in the NFL with 8.5" hands there has been no QB to enter the NFL in at least 5 yrs w 8.5" hands last successful QB w 8.5" hands was Mike Vick

Oh I get the concern but he is now 8 5/8” as of today by stretching his thumb. They measure hands open palm spread out fingers from the pinky tip to the thumb tip (I could be wrong on this). He can’t stretch that section of his thumb out flat, but he can wrap it around a football just fine. They really should measure how long the hand can wrap around the circumference of the football to get a more accurate/relevant measurement. I think that section of his thumb makes up more than half an inch. Hopefully that makes sense (at least in my head it does). 

• Pie 1