• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The RACE for the FUTURE of the NFC South is ON!!

Admiral Ackbar

The race is now ON for the future of the NFC South. For about a decade or more, the NFC South has been one of the most competitive divisions in football (for better or worse).

But now in 2022 the Buc's window with Tom Brady is closing (2 years MAX)

The Saints have a new coach, cap issues, and no QB

The Falcons with the recent trade of Matt Ryan are in a complete rebuild with some talented pieces (AJ Terrell, Kyle Pitts)

And then there is the Panthers, young talented team and after a solid FA period which still is on-going is a QB away from truly being competitive. We are the MOST primed for future success in the NFC South but are two huge steps away from being a TRUE solid contender. We need a new coach and a franchise QB. Easier said then done but are future is bright.

This next season or two will truly determine the future of the NFC South and I hope that future involves us being leaps and bounds ahead of the pack.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

That may be, but I have a bad feeling we're going to take Pickett bc of Rhule, who will become Blaine Gabbert 2.0, and the Falcons will take Willis, who will develop into a Lamar Jackson-type QB.

what if....

we draft Willis and he becomes the next Geno Smith

and the falcons draft Pickett and he is another Herbert?

• Pie 4
  • Flames 4

man with just an average freaking qb, Carolina could very well have 4 easy wins just from the NFCS.  But jeebus THIS IS THE YEAR TO TANK.  The qb we covet is in next years draft and now ATL, and the Saints are in prime position for one.

Edited by chknwing
  • Pie 1

7 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

what if....

we draft Willis and he becomes the next Geno Smith

and the falcons draft Pickett and he is another Herbert?

The Willis comp is possible, but not likely, as Willis is far more physically gifted, especially as a runner, so he would still have something.

And secondly, Pickett is NOT Herbert.

• Flames 1

19 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

That may be, but I have a bad feeling we're going to take Pickett bc of Rhule, who will become Blaine Gabbert 2.0, and the Falcons will take Willis, who will develop into a Lamar Jackson-type QB.

The Pickett comp is possible, but not likely, as Pickett is far more physically gifted, especially as a runner, so he would still have something.

And secondly, Willis pick is NOT Lamar Jackson.

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

The Pickett comp is possible, but not likely, as Pickett is far more physically gifted, especially as a runner, so he would still have something.

And secondly, Willis pick is NOT Lamar Jackson.

I've seen Willis compared to a number of different quarterbacks, most frequently Cam Newton.

Honestly, it comes off as people projecting their memories onto Willis because his college tape is not even remotely close to the people I see in compared with.

• Pie 1

Only thing that concerns me is the 1 year deal for Bozeman. Wish we could have locked him up for a minimum of 2. 

Seems like we're going all in again. All we need now is LT and it's almost guaranteed were going QB in the draft. Unless McAdoo sees something in Darnold. 

I just hope KP isn't the pick. It's a lateral move...imo he puts me in the mind of Darnold.

Thing is you never know with the draft. We could end up drafting the #1 DI, #1 WR, or #1MLB. The cards just point to KP or Willis.

Bad year to need a QB ar 6 via the draft.