• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corral Pro Day Today

ForJimmy

2 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

FYI...

Florio points out that the draft would be the obvious place to look for a possible long-term solution.

Falcons GM Terry Fontenot acknowledges that they're going to be looking hard at the draft prospects but says he won't reach for one.

If I had to guess, I'd say they're probably going to draft a quarterback.

Something to keep in mind if you're talking about trading back...

I vote the Panthers stay put at 6 and take the best LT or DE, whichever is rated higher. But that's just my worthless opinion. 

• Pie 4

1 minute ago, amcoolio said:

There is a huge chance we trade down from 6. We don't have any other picks in the top 100 and Fritterer has already proven he likes to add draft capital. I'll take Corral and a 2nd and 3rd over just Pickett or Willis at 6 any day of the week.

I would remind you that the pool of top talent drops off significantly after somewhere around 10-12. Depending how your team ranks the top talent off course.  If heard Fitterer say his estimate is in that range. You move down further than that you better have a lot of faith in those lesser options. 

He was a near consensus #1 QB going into the year before Pickett bloomed up or whatever and it was for a reason. Liked him and Strong a lot during the season, have been swayed during the offseason for various reasons but he’s got the tools. 

I’d be the most excited if we landed him at QB. 

• Pie 1

9 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

I would remind you that the pool of top talent drops off significantly after somewhere around 10-12. Depending how your team ranks the top talent off course.  If heard Fitterer say his estimate is in that range. You move down further than that you better have a lot of faith in those lesser options. 

I get wanting more chances...but moving off the 6th pick when we desperately need a Left Tackle of the future...in a tackle heavy draft would frustrate me...unless they are all gone by 6.

I'm just not interested in a defensive pick this year, we need help on the other side of the ball...badly.

• Pie 1

20 minutes ago, amcoolio said:

There is a huge chance we trade down from 6. We don't have any other picks in the top 100 and Fritterer has already proven he likes to add draft capital. I'll take Corral and a 2nd and 3rd over just Pickett or Willis at 6 any day of the week.

you never settle for a lesser graded talent at that position

you do it for OT because a “good” OT is winning you just as many games as a “great” and the extra 1st or 2nd is worth it 

you never settle for a lesser QB

1 minute ago, thefuzz said:

I get wanting more chances...but moving off the 6th pick when we desperately need a Left Tackle of the future...in a tackle heavy draft would frustrate me...unless they are all gone by 6.

I'm just not interested in a defensive pick this year, we need help on the other side of the ball...badly.

If it comes down to the 3rd or 4th best tackle or the number 1 DE I'm taking the DE everytime. Now if it's the number 2 LT? Yes, count me in.

2 minutes ago, davos said:

He was a near consensus #1 QB going into the year before Pickett bloomed up or whatever and it was for a reason. Liked him and Strong a lot during the season, have been swayed during the offseason for various reasons but he’s got the tools. 

I’d be the most excited if we landed him at QB. 

Somebody is going to get a really good QB for pennies on the dollar. If you draft Strong who is not being talked about or hyped at all and has the most boom potential as a NFL starter at say late 20's into the early second THAT rookie contract is going to be GOLD.

He's not getting slobbered on so a contender is going to pick up this kid and will have gotten the diamond in this rough QB draft and will dominate with him.

Strong 2022!

Just now, Jon Snow said:

If it comes down to the 3rd or 4th best tackle or the number 1 DE I'm taking the DE everytime. Now if it's the number 2 LT? Yes, count me in.

I hear ya, and that's true...if we have a top 5 graded DE sitting there, and a top 15 graded OT...then yes, I totally agree.

If we have the number 2 DE and the number 2 OT...I'm taking OT so fast it would make your head spin.  I want a badass O Line again.  Gross made us not have to think about that position for 10 years...that was so very nice.

• Beer 1