• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scouting reports for the top three quarterbacks

Verge

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

It’s weird how skinny Corral looks but Pickett is an inch taller and only 5 pounds heavier?? 

Corral is the definite sleeper, if you ask me.  It seems that everyone thinks he is on the "B" list when he belongs at the adult table.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Unlike the other two, Corral actually has some elite traits. Yes, he had 14 ints 2 years ago, but he got that down to 4-5 last year. 

He is small, and I know nothing about his ability to process quickly, leadership, etc but I like his toolset better than the other two.

Willis is an obvious bust. He’s not ready to play, and we all know the low success rates of redshirting QBs to ‘develop’ them.

• Flames 1

13 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

I think people going to be disappointed because it won’t be Willis, we didn’t draft Fields so why u think Willis. I’m not going to be disappointed because I don’t want him, too risky!

That's not a one size fits all. Reports were we liked Wilson and Lance. Both duel threat guys. Fields maybe they just didn't like fields? Basically you can not like 1 guy but like others. Last year had more options..this year not so many. 

2 minutes ago, Tbe said:

Unlike the other two, Corral actually has some elite traits. Yes, he had 14 ints 2 years ago, but he got that down to 4-5 last year. 

He is small, and I know nothing about his ability to process quickly, leadership, etc but I like his toolset better than the other two.

Willis is an obvious bust. He’s not ready to play, and we all know the low success rates of redshirting QBs to ‘develop’ them.

Umm is Willis arm is nearly the strongest In The class that's elite. He is the fastest in the class and probably becomes a top 5 most mobile runner in the league that's elite as well.. so who has more elite traits????

• The D 1
  • Poo 1

1 hour ago, Verge said:

I was talking about this with @Jared Patterson but if this team really wants one of the top two tackles as I suspect, what would be the best way to guarantee one of them drops to you? You bring the entire front office out to these QB workouts. I think if Ikem or Neal are there, that is who we will pick tbh.

I hope you're right. 

I mean I've got no clue what they'd do for QB if they did go LT, but LT would be the smarter move. Whatever they can do to get the best one available, I'm on board with short of trading up.

28 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

Umm is Willis arm is nearly the strongest In The class that's elite. He is the fastest in the class and probably becomes a top 5 most mobile runner in the league that's elite as well.. so who has more elite traits????

Simms seems to think that Corral and Pickett are BOTH faster than Willis. Willis is more elusive.

53 minutes ago, Tbe said:

It’s worth noting that 11 of those 14 interceptions came in 2 games. Arkansas was the first time a team had dropped 8 on him he said. Which led to some confusion and the 6 interceptions that day. 

I like Corral too and he does have elite arm strength. I think he puts on one hell of a show today

Edited by *FreeFua*
  • Pie 1

Arm strength: Willis 
Velocity: Willis 
Accuracy: Pickett 
Release: Corral 
Processing: Pickett 
OOP (out of pocket plays): Willis/Corral 
Vision: Pickett 
Leadership: Corral 
Experience: Pickett 
Speed: Willis 
Pocket awareness: Pickett 

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, Verge said:

Arm strength: Willis 
Velocity: Willis 
Accuracy: Pickett 
Release: Corral 
Processing: Pickett 
OOP (out of pocket plays): Willis/Corral 
Vision: Pickett 
Leadership: Corral 
Experience: Pickett 
Speed: Willis 
Pocket awareness: Pickett 

Now I am going to challenge you, Verge, and anyone else who wants to play---what 3 traits (in order) are the most important for an NFL QB?  I will start once I have given this some thought.