• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

CharlotteObserver Ellis Williams. What are Panthers going to do at QB

raleigh-panther

1 minute ago, mc52beast said:

It just doesn’t make sense for a desperate HC to draft a qb who will obviously not save his job.. that describes every qb in this draft.

So my question is has Tepper secretly guaranteed Rhule another year?

I honestly think he gets another year if he drafts a rookie.  That's the only way any of this makes sense. 

If they had landed Watson he most likely Rhule would have to make the playoffs at minimum to keep his job. 

Now that he's forced to go with a rookie and what looks to be another scrub FA not named Sam Darnold his gets 2 more seasons. 

Prepare Season 7 GIF by Game of Thrones

41 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think that scenario would be Pickett.

I don't think it's the right move but I think they probably have those two LT's and 2 Qb's as their top 4 in whatever order and they're obviously drafting for need this year. Penning actually fits the O-line vibe more than Cross but he could be a penalty machine

• Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I don't think it's the right move but I think they probably have those two LT's and 2 Qb's as their top 4 in whatever order and they're obviously drafting for need this year. Penning actually fits the O-line vibe more than Cross but he could be a penalty machine

Don't forget those DE's. 

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

It does if he thinks that quarterback will save his job.

For what it's worth, word has been that the Panthers staff doesn't see this year's quarterback class as a bad one.

I don't think 2021 class as whole is that much better than than the QB class of 2022.

Lawrence was clearly the best of the group. What exactly did he do to set the world on fire last year? He came into a really bad situation. I hope he does well, but things could go south there in a hurry.

Trey Lance barely saw the field. We have no guarantee he's going to be elite. He put up big numbers in college, but he didnt' exactly play in the SEC weak in and weak out either. He could be a bust. The book hasn't even been really opened for him yet.

Zach Wilson? He throws a nice ball. What else does he bring to the table.

Justin Fields? First strike: Ohio State QB (they all suck). Strike 2: He's in Chicago (no Bear QB has come close to making the Hall of Fame since Sid Luckman retired in 1950. Strike 3: The Bears fired the coach who drafted him and hired a defensive minded coach in a pass happy league

Matt Jones? He did ok in his rookie year. The last QB drafted had the best overall season and made the playoffs in his rookie season. Not surprising since he went to the best situation

I don't see why Pickett, Willis, Corral are viewed so much worse than the guys above. I have no way of knowing, but I thimk they have just as much (if not more) of a chance of being successful in the NFL as the 5 guys drafted in 2021.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

It's a given we will draft a Qb this year. We need someone to  help develop him and I don't think we have anyone on staff that I trust. Certainly not Rhule. Who could we get as a veteran Qb. Not sure Gardner Minshew is the type. It really depends on who we draft to what kind of mentor we need. I'm really intrigued with the possibilities that Willis could bring and if it is him we need a veteran to start and give him some time to develop. We could use an extra coach / mentor for him on top of the veteran Qb. Someone like Josh McGowan just to work with day to day. If it's Pickett, we need a veteran Qb to help him to know how to prepare with film study, game day and adjust to the pro gane. I think Pickett would start day one. 

Just thinking and wanting to get myself prepared for a rookie Qb. What are your thoughts?

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Thompcat said:

It's a given we will draft a Qb this year. We need someone to  help develop him and I don't think we have anyone on staff that I trust. Certainly not Rhule. Who could we get as a veteran Qb. Not sure Gardner Minshew is the type. It really depends on who we draft to what kind of mentor we need. I'm really intrigued with the possibilities that Willis could bring and if it is him we need a veteran to start and give him some time to develop. We could use an extra coach / mentor for him on top of the veteran Qb. Someone like Josh McGowan just to work with day to day. If it's Pickett, we need a veteran Qb to help him to know how to prepare with film study, game day and adjust to the pro gane. I think Pickett would start day one. 

Just thinking and wanting to get myself prepared for a rookie Qb. What are your thoughts?

If Pickett is taken at #6, I'd start him unless he hasn't grasped the offense by week 1. Our QB room consists of Sam Darnold and PJ Walker. If an incoming rookie drafted in the first round can't beat out/play as well as those two guys, we probably picked the wrong QB.

Carolina has had three straight 5 win seasons. The atmosphere on the forums and the fanbase may be the lowest it's ever been since I started following the team back in 1995. Starting Pickett (or Willis, or Corral) would at least bring a bit of excitement to games in 2022.

I'm not thinking Darnold will be in the Qb room and I hope he is not mentoring. If Pickett is drafted I think he would start from day one but I would like a veteran presence to help. If it's Willis he needs a veteran who can mentor. He gives the most promise for something really special. 

I agree the fan base needs a major boost and I want whoever they draft to succeed. Do whatever it takes to give the rookie the best shot.

• Pie 1

4 hours ago, tecc86 said:

No, thats called being delusional

It would be if he didn't play for the Panthers last year and for the Patriots. Guys who are done don't get those jobs or offers from Seattle.

Delusional is constantly saying he's done, the arms shot, which is nonsense.

7 hours ago, joemac said:

OR....if he does happen to make it to 6, and some team really wants him, we could fetch a ransom in a trade. 

We declined 2 1sts and more from the Bears. 

Source: they gave that to get Fields and could've likely gotten more out of them.

If Seattle wants him we take #9 this year and their 1st near year I say.

They end up with their QB and still have a pick in 2023, but our FO will pass on that deal for a DT.

We should be Cam fans. I don't see where the hate and constant doubting and belittling comes from if you are truly a Panthers fan.

I didn't like his wardrobe either but seeing his toughness in the field and getting in a friggin' rollover crash on a bridge close to death and refusing to miss a game after the tragedy. He played with a cracked bone in his back for the honor of this city and this franchise. 

The reason we can't have good stuff is because too many of you don't honor Jake or Cam like you should IF you're a real Panther fan. Neither were prefect but they where WARRIORS.

Cam is bigger,stronger,faster a freak of nature Julius Peppers type at QB and THATS the guy you say sucks. The guy with the records and every accolade aside from a Superbowl win!? The guy who just ran through grown men to add to his records? That's the guy you say can't cut it? That's why we can't have good stuff.

My early years in Chicago before Charlotte I remember that you couldn't talk slack about the Bears in town without a fight. I wish Panther fans were more die hard.

Panther fan's don't appreciate the fact we've been to the Superbowl twice since 2003. Legacy franchises continue to chase even that kind of success(Jets,Lions etc). If you remember the Patriots were the SB winners doormat a couple times before they started winning and winning.

You love to diss your dirt. That's the bad luck. Not the damn cat. He's actually funny.

We'd be lucky if he chose to come back AND with this defense and Cam FINALLY having a franchise WR again in his career as well as other weapons presently on this team(more than he's EVER had) we could take the South. He's done it before and it's ripe for the taking. 

Edited by rippadonn

😁

6 hours ago, Kakalaki said:

Is it being a Cam nut hugger to say Newton gives Carolina a better chance to win in 2022 than any FA or QB in this draft, because he most likely does. Fans want to see Cam with time to throw

Hey Kakalaki, 2015 called....😂

Edited by MHS831

29 minutes ago, Chiefzack said:

We declined 2 1sts and more from the Bears. 

Source: they gave that to get Fields and could've likely gotten more out of them.

If Seattle wants him we take #9 this year and their 1st near year I say.

They end up with their QB and still have a pick in 2023, but our FO will pass on that deal for a DT.

I'm pretty sure they declined the trade last year cause there wasn't a first offered.

50 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

We should be Cam fans. I don't see where the hate and constant doubting and belittling comes from if you are truly a Panthers fan.

I didn't like his wardrobe either but seeing his toughness in the field and getting in a friggin' rollover crash on a bridge close to death and refusing to miss a game after the tragedy. He played with a cracked bone in his back for the honor of this city and this franchise. 

The reason we can't have good stuff is because too many of you don't honor Jake or Cam like you should IF you're a real Panther fan. Neither were prefect but they where WARRIORS.

Cam is bigger,stronger,faster a freak of nature Julius Peppers type at QB and THATS the guy you say sucks. The guy with the records and every accolade aside from a Superbowl win!? The guy who just ran through grown men to add to his records? That's the guy you say can't cut it? That's why we can't have good stuff.

My early years in Chicago before Charlotte I remember that you couldn't talk slack about the Bears in town without a fight. I wish Panther fans were more die hard.

Panther fan's don't appreciate the fact we've been to the Superbowl twice since 2003. Legacy franchises continue to chase even that kind of success(Jets,Lions etc). If you remember the Patriots were the SB winners doormat a couple times before they started winning and winning.

You love to diss your dirt. That's the bad luck. Not the damn cat. He's actually funny.

We'd be lucky if he chose to come back AND with this defense and Cam FINALLY having a franchise WR again in his career as well as other weapons presently on this team(more than he's EVER had) we could take the South. He's done it before and it's ripe for the taking. 

Give it up, man. Relax. We know your stance. Give your fingers and mind a rest. Unless of course you did voice to text. If so, go charge your phone. Or maybe you hired someone to type that as you ranted. If so, give them a raise.