• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers have first round grades on 3 QBs.

Zod

17 minutes ago, Verge said:

Who is trading up with us? Who are they trading up for? 

Lets say Willis makes it to 6, some team (maybe Pittsburg) might want to jump Atlanta to move up?

Maybe Seattle? 

Some surprise team such as Saints or Vikings.

With Atlanta trading Ryan it actually helps the chances of a trade down for us, because teams have to think there is a good chance Atlanta could go QB.

Of course they could call the Giants which are also ahead of Atlanta but they might want too much to move down.

Also if a team trades with the Giants they still run the risk of us taking a QB so it actually makes more sense to trade up with us.  This is part of the reason we are going to act like we want a QB even if we don't.

33 minutes ago, Verge said:

Wishful thinking probably. I'm seriously hoping that we don't have an opportunity to trade down and we grab one of those elite LT prospects rather than reaching for a serviceable QB.

• Pie 1

17 minutes ago, SCO96 said:

Why do you feel like he won't get much better?

If he's taken this year he's going to inherit a much better situation than Darnold or any rookie would have had in 2021:, new and experienced OC, new O-lineman, and one of the best O-line coaches in football. Pickett has good arm strength & good athletic ability.

I can see how some can say a players physical abilities can limit their peak for certain positions (CB, RB, WR, etc) but I've never understood how someone (not just you) can say a "QB" cannot get any better". The great QB's get better because they learn the game and thing slow down for them on the field.

Compared to the other two, he won't see that much long term development. His first three years he wasn't that good then things clicked. When they clicked he got things figured out. I just don't see there's much to build on that he hadn't worked out. High floor. Low ceiling. He just is who he is. Not really much potential for growth to get excited about. 

48 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

You pretend to know his habits.  You do not.  He reportedly has been alcohol free since before July 2021.  What information do you have?  I provided a direct quote from Corral about being alcohol free.  Can you call him a liar? 

THE QUOTE:  "I don't know why," Corral said. "I got tired of feeling like that. Just tired of making excuses. I got tired of having vices for my problems, like drinking. It f---ed with me. I don't even drink anymore."

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ole-miss-matt-corral-faced-a-reckoning-head-on-allowing-a-team-leader-to-emerge-on-the-other-side/

Or you can spread crap from a TMZ episode a few years back...

He had to stop because it became a problem.  That's an alcoholic.  He's been battling depression as well.  Add that to his maturity issues and it's a hard pass.  I don't want my nfl qb, face of the franchise going into it already struggling mentally.   Sorry it's a business.  

3 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He had to stop because it became a problem.  That's an alcoholic.  He's been battling depression as well.  Add that to his maturity issues and it's a hard pass.  I don't want my nfl qb, face of the franchise going into it already struggling mentally.   Sorry it's a business.  

He is just being open. Favre has a serious alcohol and pill problem as I’m sure many other players have. Speaking openly about it is a huge sign of maturity and good for young people that have gone through similar issues to hear. 

2 minutes ago, Kakalaki said:

Smokescreen. To be real .. Cam with an offensive line gives Rhule a better chance to win and keep his job in 2022 than any other option.

Won't happen. He doesn't like Cam, I don't think. Too big of a voice. Not a sheep like Rhule prefers.

19 minutes ago, Jay Roosevelt said:

@Zod What if they can't find a trade partner? Do they reach for a QB or just take one of the LTs?

That is the question.  I think there is a chance Icky could be there--take him.  Thibodeaux (sp?) could be there--I don't take Cross there.

Still, I think they are in a position to take a QB regardless---they are not going to take a T and throw away another season on Darnold.  They are talking him up because he is the starter and they might include him in a trade (speculation). 

We are taking Willis, Pickett, or Corral, in my opinion--and I cannot think of any player beyond Hutchinson or Neal that might change that.

• Pie 1

59 minutes ago, Verge said:

Could only see Pittsburgh for Willis if we weren’t to take him.  They are enamored with him.  And will want to jump Atlanta and Seattle 

Edited by ncfan