• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers have first round grades on 3 QBs.

Zod

Willis is my favorite QB in this draft, but IF we could trade back and still get Corral that has to be a huge win. How exiting would Corral and CMC be in our backfield. That quick release can get him the ball in a blink of an eye or he can play action strike it right to Moore! 

3 hours ago, Zod said:

“Those in the Panthers organization view Malik Willis, Kenny Pickett and Matt Corral as the top quarterbacks in this draft class, worthy of first-round picks" 

From the observer. 

Expect a trade back and a selection of one of these guys.

I wonder if this will change tomorrow after Sam Howell's Pro Day.  Last year, had he been eligible, he would have been rated behind Lawrence and Wilson.

I think he's as good as any of these QBs in this thread.  They all have question marks.

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Won't happen. He doesn't like Cam, I don't think. Too big of a voice. Not a sheep like Rhule prefers.

Yeah plus Cam wasn’t HIS guy. Cam was a Panther long before Rhule was and Rhule seems a little narcissistic and wants to be the guy who found/developed our next QB.  

57 minutes ago, Verge said:

Who is trading up with us? Who are they trading up for? 

I got a few, points line up

Philly- Sauce(hell I would do that and I never cared for CBs, 2 late first and get a long quick CB, f yea)

Minn - choice DE (their 1st and 2nd) 

Sea - Wilis (they may feel hes wilson 2.0 got plenty of draft capital)

Wild cards - Jets- LT/DE/C/WR (done deals before and they hold the 10, may want to jump the comp and have plenty of picks......many due to panthers ugh....)

Pitt - QB/willis ( the cost would be too much and they never seem to pull off these types of moves.....but theres always a first and if Willis falls some they could be up for it)

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Willis is my favorite QB in this draft, but IF we could trade back and still get Corral that has to be a huge win. How exiting would Corral and CMC be in our backfield. That quick release can get him the ball in a blink of an eye or he can play action strike it right to Moore! 

Almost 6'2", hand size 9 5/8.  Great at the RPO.  I think he might have as much upside as Willis, if all factors are considered.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

I wonder if this will change tomorrow after Sam Howell's Pro Day.  Last year, had he been eligible, he would have been rated behind Lawrence and Wilson.

I think he's as good as any of these QBs in this thread.  They all have question marks.

Rattler and Howell were seen as consensus top QBs this time last year.

Goes to show what looking too far ahead, draft wise gets you.

• Pie 3

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

Almost 6'2", hand size 9 5/8.  Great at the RPO.  I think he might have as much upside as Willis, if all factors are considered.

And he had that Ole Miss team super competitive against top competition. I remember when they came to Knoxville (where I live) and were missing several starters on offense, Kiffin (who UT hates) just responded with “We have Corral we’ll be ok.” Also if we are looking for a new coach next year we can bring on Kiffin to further develop him! (Kidding, kind of…)

17 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think 6 is way too high for him.  position inflation (as with QB)

Penning is getting drafted ahead of him. Cross and Thib are gonna slip.

Penning ahead of Cross

Jermain Johnson Jr and Walker ahead of Thibodaux

Garrett Wilson is also going high. Possibly top-7

1 minute ago, La Pantera said:

Yeah I’ve mentioned this to the “next year’s class” crew, but it seems to fall on deaf ears…

• Pie 3

2 minutes ago, davos said:

Penning is getting drafted ahead of him. Cross and Thib are gonna slip.

Penning ahead of Cross

Jermain Johnson Jr and Walker ahead of Thibodaux

Garrett Wilson is also going high. Possibly top-7

To make you feel much worse about your thinking here, I am on the exact same page.  I have Wilson to Atlanta at 8, however, so you have that.

4 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

And he had that Ole Miss team super competitive against top competition. I remember when they came to Knoxville (where I live) and were missing several starters on offense, Kiffin (who UT hates) just responded with “We have Corral we’ll be ok.” Also if we are looking for a new coach next year we can bring on Kiffin to further develop him! (Kidding, kind of…)

No SR Bowl, no combine--he is flying under the radar. 

Now I am going to dazzle with some conspiracy theory--the Panthers were all over Pickett--front and center for Willis at their pro days--but the presence at Corral's day seemed less of an event--I have to go back and check details, but I think McAdoo or someone like that (Mr Scot--I need you here) was absent and they did less in front of cameras to show interest. 

I just gotta feeling....

4 minutes ago, La Pantera said:

What makes it interesting to me is that a QB like Pickett has a good year and he's like the cream of the crop.

Sam had an incredible season last year. 30 TD to 7 picks 2021 he was 24 TD to 9 picks in 2021.  Mirror attempts but 20 less receptions from a much less talented offense.  He had elite WRs and RBs in 2020 and nothing close in 2021 yet only missed duplicating 2020 by 500 yards (41 yds per game).

His career completion average 63.8% completion.

My point is that he should be in the same conversation as these other guys.  All have huge risk written on them and Sam has as many positive marks as they other 3.

• Pie 3