• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So, who do you like at QB?

MHS831

Forget trade backs and veteran trades--who would you like to see as the New QB in 2022?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Select one:

• Baker Mayfield
    • Jimmy Garappolo
    • Malik Willis
    • Sam Howell
    • Kenny Pickett
    • Matt Corral
    • Desmond Ridder

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/01/2022 at 03:03 AM

38 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I should have clarified--I was referring to who do you hope we pick up.  (Rhule, I think, said that we are adding a third QB to the room--just who do you hope that additional QB is?)

None of them. And by that I don't mean I like Darnold or Walker. I just don't want Rhule picking anyone. 

Forced to pick one of them, I'd go Corral followed closely by Willis. Pickett a good way past that, then after that.... nobody. 

I'd rather us focus on LT and don't big up much resources this year on QB. Rhule and Fitt we're dumb enough to pay for Darnold this year, they should be forced to roll with him.

Continue the rebuild.

Trade back with Seattle.  Let them take Willis.  Draft Corral at 9.  Grab a DE, G, or T with the extra pick.

Start Darnold for 9 games.  If we are 4-5 or worse, make the change to Corral.  If we have a winning record after 9 games, wait until we are eliminated and make the switch.

After 2022, we will be off Darnold.  We'll have a decent idea who Corral is.  Our Offense and defense will be in good shape.  And we'll have a full complement of picks.

2022 is dark, but the future is bright (for those with patience).

8 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

Continue the rebuild.

Trade back with Seattle.  Let them take Willis.  Draft Corral at 9.  Grab a DE, G, or T with the extra pick.

Start Darnold for 9 games.  If we are 4-5 or worse, make the change to Corral.  If we have a winning record after 9 games, wait until we are eliminated and make the switch.

After 2022, we will be off Darnold.  We'll have a decent idea who Corral is.  Our Offense and defense will be in good shape.  And we'll have a full complement of picks.

2022 is dark, but the future is bright (for those with patience).

If that's the case than we wasted a ton of money on decent free agents.  Why sign all these players if we are playing for 2023.  

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, MHS831 said:

I should have clarified--I was referring to who do you hope we pick up.  (Rhule, I think, said that we are adding a third QB to the room--just who do you hope that additional QB is?)

In that case, Carson Strong with a Day 3 pick. 

1 hour ago, WestPanthers said:

Florio shitting on Rhule, Darnold and the Panthers.

Sims adding some logic to the discussion "Brady wasn't ready - I saw the same play 7 times by the 2nd Q, plus that OLine wasn't v good and they couldn't run the ball".

28 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Florio shitting on Rhule, Darnold and the Panthers.

Sims adding some logic to the discussion "Brady wasn't ready - I saw the same play 7 times by the 2nd Q, plus that OLine wasn't v good and they couldn't run the ball".

There is definitely something to be said about how outmatched Brady was at OC. If we land Icky or Neal Darnold will have no excuses this year. 

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

There is definitely something to be said about how outmatched Brady was at OC. If we land Icky or Neal Darnold will have no excuses this year. 

I think it's win-win.

If we draft a LT and Darnold continues to fail then both he and Rhule are out. If we draft a LT and Darnold succeeds then we win football games and (most) fans are happy.

The business side says go with Willis because of the upside and if he doesn't show progress with this staff start over next year. If the new staff likes Willis let them develop him. 

The personal side don't do a kid that way with this staff. Don't draft him and him get screwed up by this group.