• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

So, who do you like at QB?

MHS831

Forget trade backs and veteran trades--who would you like to see as the New QB in 2022?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Select one:

• Baker Mayfield
    • Jimmy Garappolo
    • Malik Willis
    • Sam Howell
    • Kenny Pickett
    • Matt Corral
    • Desmond Ridder

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/01/2022 at 03:03 AM

25 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Its not about being a darnold fan, its about making Rhule fix his mistake and not overdrafting some scrub qb to try and save his job.  Tepper should be like "hell no dough boy, you gave up assets for darnold, said he was talented, now go make it work"

I didn’t think my post was that confusing either. God love ‘em 

4 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Would have chosen Sam, if he were an option, as that's what I would prefer to see this season..no more money spent or picks wasted by this coaching staff.

That said, my answer depends on what happens in the draft.  I don't want Jimmy on this team...he just get's us into a position that we may have to keep Rhule, even if we didn't want to...say 9 wins and we miss the playoffs.

If I'm picking at 6, I don't want a rookie.  If we just HAVE TO HAVE ONE in the 1st, please trade back for an additional 2nd.

I'd prefer to sit and take the best OT that's available, and roll with Sam.

Yep, just roll with Darnold and start over with someone not named Matt Rhule at HC in 2023.

• Pie 2

29 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

You are thinking short term, I am thinking long term.  Getting some poo vet in here to win 7-8 games isnt going to do jack poo in the grand scheme of things

Nobody believes in Sam Darnold. And the NFL does not exist to do stupid poo like start the worst QB in the league to spite the head coach you hate. They are not tanking. Everyone knows this team would take virtually anyone else they all saw us begging Deshaun to play here despite all the public turmoil that surrounded him.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

The tank talk is silly. No coach, GM, or owner is going to insist we keep a terrible QB to make Rhule suffer and guarantee us the top pick in a draft with no clear cut top guy. We signed several vets to one year contracts for what? A tank year? Why restructure any contracts or sign any vets? Just march a terrible product out there and go 0-17 to teach Rhule a lesson and draft the OSU QB who played only one year and lit up the Big 10 like all OSU QBs do. 
If we keep Darnold it’s because we genuinely believe he is our best option this year behind a revamped OL and some better coaches around him (OC and OL coach). If that’s how our staff feels and we get Neal/Icky at 6 then great! Hearing this talk about Tepper should punish Rhule and make him keep Darnold is garbage. If he wanted to punish Rhule he would just fire his ass.

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, thefuzz said:

Would have chosen Sam, if he were an option, as that's what I would prefer to see this season..no more money spent or picks wasted by this coaching staff.

That said, my answer depends on what happens in the draft.  I don't want Jimmy on this team...he just get's us into a position that we may have to keep Rhule, even if we didn't want to...say 9 wins and we miss the playoffs.

If I'm picking at 6, I don't want a rookie.  If we just HAVE TO HAVE ONE in the 1st, please trade back for an additional 2nd.

I'd prefer to sit and take the best OT that's available, and roll with Sam.

This.

2 hours ago, frankw said:

It should be about what's best for the Panthers not Sam Darnold or Matt Rhule. If it's best for us to send the mole packing even if we have to eat the cap hit then do it. Stop kissing frogs as Florio said.

For me 2022 is a wash. Rather run with Darnold and when he eventually fails as he has done through his career, Rhule will get the can and a new regime gets a good shot at a rookie QB next season.

10 minutes ago, firefox1234 said:

For me 2022 is a wash. Rather run with Darnold and when he eventually fails as he has done through his career, Rhule will get the can and a new regime gets a good shot at a rookie QB next season.

I agree about the upcoming season. But I do not see the locker room surviving 17 games of Sam Darnold. Just because it is a wash does not mean it has to be a shitshow. Let's be honest the return of Cam Newton was a moment that happened right on time as you could see tensions boiling over. I also don't buy Rhule is guaranteed to be gone don't give Tepper too much credit yet he hasn't earned it.

I'd wait till next year.  

Then I'd be interested in 

Grayson McCall, Coastal Carolina.    Accuracy and a live arm is his selling points. 

Jake Haener, Fresno St.  Elite arm strength.  Wait till next year McCall, Jake and Hooker will be in the discussion along with Stroud and Brice as a defining QB class. 2022 class may have one guy.  

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, mickeye76 said:

I'd wait till next year.  

Then I'd be interested in 

Grayson McCall, Coastal Carolina.    Accuracy and a live arm is his selling points. 

Jake Haener, Fresno St.  Elite arm strength.  Wait till next year McCall, Jake and Hooker will be in the discussion along with Stroud and Brice as a defining QB class. 2022 class may have one guy.  

Arkansas and Kentucky have 2 QBs with some potential as well. 

• Pie 2

3 hours ago, frankw said:

Carson Wentz isn't even a good QB but he's looked a hell of a lot better than Sam Darnold has in the past and Jim Irsay just went scorched Earth on him. If Tepper did this with Sam Darnold I might have to give him a golf clap.

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/eagles/colts-owner-jim-irsay-blasts-former-eagles-qb-carson-wentz-after-trade

I mean…a little strange to prop up the Colts/Irsay considering the Wentz trade was even more of a colossal bust than Darnold when you factor in what they traded away. That trade actually made me grateful we only gave up a 2nd and 4th instead of the 1st and 3rd for Wentz, who couldn’t even beat Jacksonville to take them into the playoffs…and then gets shipped off again after one year. Irsay is so very brave to mildly criticize Wentz after trading him away.

You’re allowed to whine about the team without feeling the need to prop up a steaming pile of garbage in comparison.

Edited by MasterAwesome