• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Is the Dream of one of the top 2 tackles dead?

micnificent28

1 hour ago, Growl said:

what kind of loser fanbase sits around and “dreams” for a “top Tackle” when you have an opportunity to actually turn your franchise around with a difference maker at QB

The franchise that hasn't had a franchise left tackle since Jordan gross and has been a revolving door at the position since. The only qb with the hope of being a franchise qb is Willis and they seem to be in love with Pickett.

I was under the impression it was looking better.

Seeing Hamilton and Sauce littered all over top 5 big boards and mocks.

Heard some light rumblings of Willis to Detroit or someone like Pittsburgh trading up. 

The rise of Walker has been fantastic and seems legit. Kayvon is still going top 5; he’ll surge back up when the time is right. One of the NY teams will love him. 

Heard Jets aren’t in the rush mocks think they are for an OLinemen. That’s a great spot for sauce. 

The biggest surprise I’ve heard is giants LOVE Cross. 

Pffs newest draft pod has a guest mock going on, littered with local reporters. Results, backed by a decent amount of insider scuttlebutt—

1. Hutch

2. Tavon

3. Hamilton

4. Sauce

5. Cross

6. Neal, unfortunately, over Ek

how bout them apples!

Just now, Losovoevosseniorcapspeciai said:

Heard some light rumblings of Willis to Detroit or someone like Pittsburgh trading up. 

The rise of Walker has been fantastic and seems legit. Kayvon is still going top 5; he’ll surge back up when the time is right. One of the NY teams will love him. 

Heard Jets aren’t in the rush mocks think they are for an OLinemen. That’s a great spot for sauce. 

Pffs newest draft pod has a guest mock going on, littered with local reporters. Results, backed by a decent amount of insider scuttlebutt—

1. Hutch

2. Tavon

3. Hamilton

4. Sauce

5. Cross

how bout them apples!

Pardon pardon. Think 4 was kayvon

1 minute ago, Losovoevosseniorcapspeciai said:

1. Hutch

2. Tavon

3. Hamilton

4. Sauce

5. Cross

how bout them apples!

Hamilton is now rumored to drop out of the top 10 because he ran what a 4.7? Not nearly the Isaiah Simmons freak he was suppose to be.

Just now, micnificent28 said:

Hamilton is now rumored to drop out of the top 10 because he ran what a 4.7? Not nearly the Isaiah Simmons freak he was suppose to be.

It all comes back to how things were in the past.  Like last year posters (bunnchinn) were absolutely adamant that 5 qbs would go in the top 5 when its never been done before and of course it didnt.  Thats why trading for darnold was dumb because the analytics said we would have our choice of 2 to 3 of the qbs.

As for safeties the last highest one I remember was Mincah Fitzpatrick and he went 13th.  Hell Darwin James went late teens.   Hamilton may go top 5 but I seriously doubt it.  I think he is more 10ish range

7 minutes ago, micnificent28 said:

I believe I read, and I’m slightly paraphrasing - his time was more “an indictment on his future as a track star than a hall of fame safety.” 
something like that. I think it’s fairly well known safety speed is comprised of reaction and change of direction speeds. 

4 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It all comes back to how things were in the past.  Like last year posters (bunnchinn) were absolutely adamant that 5 qbs would go in the top 5 when its never been done before and of course it didnt.  Thats why trading for darnold was dumb because the analytics said we would have our choice of 2 to 3 of the qbs.

As for safeties the last highest one I remember was Mincah Fitzpatrick and he went 13th.  Hell Darwin James went late teens.   Hamilton may go top 5 but I seriously doubt it.  I think he is more 10ish range

I don't think he's going top 5, safeties just don't have top 10 pick impact. 

QB / LT / Pass Rusher Edge or Interior

Those are the top three positions you HAVE to get right.

JAX - Hutchinson seems like a lock here (Cam Robinson FT'ed, and Taylor on a rookie deal still)

DET - Needs Edge over QB, and OL (Goff, Sewell, Decker)

HOU - Needs OL and Edge

NYJ - Edge (they've added some good young OL last draft -- Beckton, Verah-Tucker)

NYG - Need OL and Edge 

That leaves us at #6

We will have our pick of the QB's, and possibly one of the top 3 LT's is my guess.

1 hour ago, unicar15 said:

Philly, KC would be two really obvious trade up candidates if elite rushers start to fall. KC was piss poor in getting after the QB this year. Bottom of thr league in sacks. If Walker or Thibodeux or (less likely) Aiden Hutchinson fall to 6 then I could see either of those teams trying to make a jump. Philly wants to win while Hurts is on a rookie deal. Time is running out for a team that already has a lot of pieces and a ton of draft capital. 

I wouldnt call 6 a falling spot. They could wait a lil longer and trade up. I dont see anybody taking our spot at the moment unless its for a QB. 

One of the top 3 tackles will be there at #6, possibly two of them.

You look at the top-5 teams and literally all of them are in pretty good shape at LT. That doesn't mean one or two won't take Neal/Ekwonu, but with all the elite defensive talent on the board I think it's far more likely than people realize that only one OT is taken before we pick.

It honestly wouldn't shock me if all three are there at our pick.

2 hours ago, Ricky Spanish said:

I have already accepted the fact that Kenny Pickett will be our QB for the next few years at the least so I'm not even worried about it. 

I thought so last week, but this week?  I am thinking that we trade back and grab a QB.  I am going with Corral or even Howell.

1 minute ago, MHS831 said:

I thought so last week, but this week?  I am thinking that we trade back and grab a QB.  I am going with Corral or even Howell.

We tried last year and nobody gave us "value" for that pick and that was in a way better qb class and we are higher in the draft.  Unless Fitt is going pennies on the dollar I dont see us moving

But then again we would be sitting pretty if we had taken the bears deal we would have 2 picks in the top 7 and that would solve a lot of problems

Edited by mrcompletely11
  • Pie 1