• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Athletic interesting take on Rhule and Fitterer on QBs

14 hours ago, raleigh-panther said:

I think joe was extrapolating if Fitterer has his way, it’s a draft choice at QB and that is not Rhule’s preferred way.  

In some ways, especially regarding QB, I think Rhule is a lot like Fox. I mean Fox probably liked them a lot older/mature, but both would rather not have to invest time developing a young QB. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

JFC, do you even read replies? Someone in another thread posted Burrow to your same post about 5 year players. If you weren’t paying attention, Burrow was one of the QBs in the Super Bowl. You just have to go back to the last NFL game played to find an example.

Also, 😂 I for some reason thought about Joe Montana. I had no idea but he was at ND for 1974-1978, so how about one of the all time greats being a 5 year college player. I’ll bet there’s a bunch more examples too. Kind of like how people mention players as one year wonders in college like Cam.

Pickett will either be a good or a bad NFL QB and it’s not going to be because he didn’t come out last year. Maybe, like Burrow and Montana, that fifth year changed him and made him ready. If Burrow left after year 4, his NFL career may never have happened.

Thanks. Two in the last 40yrs. The most recent got the job at LSU. The other was 1978. Pickett is not Montana nor is he Burrow or he'd be in discussion before #6. I was on the Herbert train that year forgive me, wasn't into Burrow like that.

Thanks though, only two in almost 50yrs and Kenny Pickett is the next ONE!?

elliott sadler nascar driver reactions GIF by NASCAR

1 minute ago, stbugs said:

😂 I just though Joe Montana. I didn’t spend more than a second, just decided to look and voila the first GOAT QB was a 5 year guy. So sorry it was so easy.

Again, not liking Pickett doesn’t matter. I’m not really enamored with him either. His 5th year in college is material, so feel free to stop posting something that has no bearing especially when people already told you Burrow. Burrow leveraged his 5th year into his NFL success. Pickett is absolutely a better prospect because of his 5th year, hopefully that makes sense to you.

So Pickett was so good/great he could actually go to LSU or Alabama?!

Come On Reaction GIF by NBA

3 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I agree as well. I watched some of his games and wasn’t really impressed. Personally, if we select one, I hope we get lucky but I’d much rather get lucky with a LT and ride Darnold to a 2023 QB.

Do agree…getting a top LT is a big win for us.  We haven’t had one since Gross…been a while.  Ridder just isn’t better than Darnold.  Howell over Ridder too.  He would be a terrible move

23 minutes ago, stbugs said:

😂 I just though Joe Montana. I didn’t spend more than a second, just decided to look and voila the first GOAT QB was a 5 year guy. So sorry it was so easy.

Again, not liking Pickett doesn’t matter. I’m not really enamored with him either. His 5th year in college is material, so feel free to stop posting something that has no bearing especially when people already told you Burrow. Burrow leveraged his 5th year into his NFL success. Pickett is absolutely a better prospect because of his 5th year, hopefully that makes sense to you.

Russell Wilson also used his 5th year.

• Beer 1

51 minutes ago, Shocker said:

I would probably have the lowest amount if enthusiasm if the pick was Ridder in a trade down.  I do not want Desmond Ridder

Would much rather take a LB over Ridder if those were the options. I'd rather take Aqeel Glass in the 5th than Ridder in the 2nd if we're just swinging at one just to do it

2 hours ago, rippadonn said:

Thanks. Two in the last 40yrs. The most recent got the job at LSU. The other was 1978. Pickett is not Montana nor is he Burrow or he'd be in discussion before #6. I was on the Herbert train that year forgive me, wasn't into Burrow like that.

Thanks though, only two in almost 50yrs and Kenny Pickett is the next ONE!?

elliott sadler nascar driver reactions GIF by NASCAR

Quick google search shows Tom Brady, Matt Ryan, Eli Manning, Kurt Warner all spent 5 years in college.

Fun fact - Warner did not start for his college team until his final year and went undrafted.  Late bloomers do exist.

• Pie 1

Russ was a 3rd round pick. We don't have a 3rd round pick. So either we are trading back and picking up extra picks in that range, or we are waiting until the 4th round or later, where Willis, Pickett, Ridder, Corral, and Howell will all be gone. I think Fitterer has an ace up his sleeve in the late rounds, and his name might be Barriere.