• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Person: "Others players aren’t as sold on Darnold as the answer."

trueblade

2 minutes ago, rayzor said:

Yeah probably. I've done a lot of that myself, especially in my freelance ghostwriter days. But I'd always go back, reread, reproof, and edit. You write for a living. Do it right.

Yeah I agree. But in a Q&A, he probably lets the hair down a little (pun unintended).

As far as the actual content....I can see all that. Sammy has a couple buds on the team that will give him the benefit of if the doubt, especially in talking to others. But you know that team, even his buddies, wouldn't cry if we made a change. They know we need an upgrade. They all do.

1 minute ago, Carl Spackler said:

Yeah I agree. But in a Q&A, he probably lets the hair down a little (pun unintended).

I can't even do that posting in here. I'll let some stuff get past me and I'll see it quoted and it drives me nuts and I'll go in and change it. I've even gone in people's posts that quoted me and changed it. #modpower 😆

• Pie 2

Just now, Pakmeng said:

The Athletic should hire editors. 

My good friend was a newspaper editor just 10 15 years ago buy days it basically ceases to exist now. It's not valued by the publications anymore 

I had a couple freelance editors I would send some work to when I got busy or for big money jobs and they were super valuable. Brutal at times because they would really chop it up but I always appreciated the work they did. It's a shame they aren't used/needed as much anymore.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Pakmeng said:

What's the reason for 5 minute edited policy?  Is this some petty Zod bullshit?

I think it's more of a platform thing, but also could be that some have abused it and gone back and changed some bold statements. I don't know.

LOL 

I hope Rhule is still sold. Go get that LT and try again lol. A healthy CMC...it's all too funny. Some people never learn but at least we can get that LT and still get rid of Rhule next year after Sam's first vet year where he is exactly the waste of talent at QB he has been since college. It would be hilarious if Rhule chose to do what I wanted forced upon him. 

parks and recreation please GIF

• Pie 3

2 hours ago, rayzor said:

"Others players"

C'mon Joe.

No.  Think about it.

Let's say Person does have connections to some of the Panthers players.  If he starts naming names in "print" of those who may not be sold on Darnold, how likely do you think those players will be to answer the phone again?

If a player publicly makes a statement, of course, Person can report that.  But when you're building relationships in an effort to get interesting tidbits, you can't out your sources.

• Pie 1

16 minutes ago, BrianS said:

No.  Think about it.

Let's say Person does have connections to some of the Panthers players.  If he starts naming names in "print" of those who may not be sold on Darnold, how likely do you think those players will be to answer the phone again?

If a player publicly makes a statement, of course, Person can report that.  But when you're building relationships in an effort to get interesting tidbits, you can't out your sources.

Sorry. Didn't have a problem with him saying other players and not specifying. He said "others players".  It's just me be being a grammatical jackass.

• Beer 1