• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

big Saints / Eagles trade

Captain Morgan

2 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Agreed. But it seems a lot of Huddlers think these pre-draft class evaluations are rooted in fact. That Mahomes/Watson draft was considered a really strong WR class. Three WRs went in the top 10 over Mahomes and Watson. Those WRs? Corey Davis, Mike Williams, and John Ross. Holy poo. OOPS!

You are also mainly saying that because you are trying to defend your boy.

This is a bad class.

• Beer 1
  • Poo 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Agreed. But it seems a lot of Huddlers think these pre-draft class evaluations are rooted in fact. That Mahomes/Watson draft was considered a really strong WR class. Three WRs went in the top 10 over Mahomes and Watson. Those WRs? Corey Davis, Mike Williams, and John Ross. Holy poo. OOPS!

Again, I agree with you. But there is another portion of the huddle (one such member that I was addressing) that seem to believe you take a QB at #6 no matter what. And that is what I am saying is silly. 

If we believe in the guy then we should take him. But we should not take him simply because we need a QB. I personally don't believe in this QB class. But I am on board with taking a QB if our staff does. But if we take a LT for example and pass on a QB, then I get the logic and will support it. Going into the draft that's what I am hoping for. 

But again, I know at some point we must take a chance on a QB. I was only making the argument that it isn't illogical to pass on one at #6 if we don't believe in one. Particularly a guy who played at Liberty University. Just like Trey Lance, that screams reach to me. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Where you land sometimes is the most important part. Going back til that draft, I correctly had Watson as the best QB and it was 50/50 between him and Garrett for the top spot overall. Laughed my ass off at the Corey Davis pick, some had him as a mid 2nd rounder.....weird pick.

Just now, kungfoodude said:

You are also mainly saying that because you are trying to defend your boy.

This is a bad class.

Not really. He's gonna be the third or fourth QB taken. I think it's a mis-evaluation but it is what it is. Go back and look at my posts about the 2017 draft. Supposedly a weak QB class. Major questions about all the top QB prospects. Smart move was to take advantage of the strong WR class, right? Well, two of those QBs turned out to be Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes and of the three top 10 WRs two were outright busts.

1 minute ago, CanadianCat said:

Interesting rumor on the Saints forum.. 

Reason they are willing to trade next years 1st round pick is that they are certain that Sean Payton will return next year thus being able to get an additional 1st rounder for trading his rights. 

Something something counting your chickens before they hatch...

45 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

A few things here.  QB's never ever go 1-4.  And even if we win on average with what rhule and darnold have historically been at we will have a perfect spot to trade up to where we need.  The top pick will not have to go far down and they accumulate capital.    I dont give a poo how good the line is, if rhule is coaching and sam is qb (and is inevitably hurt) we are a poo team next year. 

Sam was the QB last year with a much worse line.  That was a 5 win team.  Banking on us getting the top pick isn't a good idea.  The 1-4 was an exaggeration kind of...  It is a QB obsessed league now and last year they went 1-3 with them having questions.  Zach Wilson was a bit of a one year wonder with injuries to his throwing shoulder (still went 2), Trey Lance played in a smaller division and was a big of a project and still went 3.  Mac and Fields fell, but Mac was questioned because he was surround my talent and limited physically.  If this next class is as great as you think it is, it can go 1-4 QBs.  Otherwise the 4th-5th option is going to have some red flags.   If we drafted Mac last year in that great QB class, how do you think that would have looked?  Him behind our line with our staff developing him?  He needed the Pats OL, running game, and staff to have success.  So even the 4th best option in last year's class wouldn't have worked here.  

1 minute ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Hes coming back and conventional wisdom will be to dallas when fat mike fugs up again and payton will command a kings ransom

Yea i heard the dallas stuff, i doubt even in his poor mental health jerry would fork over 1st plus for him. Theres ways around it, one is for Payton to come back as a OC, but hes the real HC, loopholes is what built jerrahs empire. 

Read some tea leaves people.

Tea Time GIF by Buzz_Bingo

We have signed 2 starting offensive lineman and we have a sophomore (BC) waiting to start.  We re-signed Moton last year.  They seem to like Elf at C.  In other words, we upgraded (in our minds) 60% of the offensive line.  OT is a luxury at this point (based on Brady's play there last year), not a necessity.

We have 2 QBs on the roster, and one is a bust and the other is a USXFLArenaWorldLeague MVP.  He (Our backup QB) has a 54.5% completion rating with 1 TD and 3 Ints.  Darnold is in the last year of his contract and is set to earn about a half million per interception in 2022.  We went in hard after a sure fire franchise qb and came away in fourth place, but have done nothing else at QB.  We sent everyone we had to the top QB pro days. 

We have the sixth overall pick. 

Do you REALLY think we are taking a Tackle?  Really?

The Saints know this--and they (in my opinion) want Willis or Pickett.   I have been thinking the #5 pick is going to be traded for a QB (Possibly Seattle, Atlanta, Pittsburgh,and now New Orleans), so I sorta expected this.  Seattle, however, could decide to trade with the Jets, or the Lions could take Willis at #2---if so, that would suck if we want Pickett.

I say sit tight and trade back.  Grab a developmental QB--Ridder, Howell, or even Corral--later in the round and draft a player on day 2.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

11 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Not really. He's gonna be the third or fourth QB taken. I think it's a mis-evaluation but it is what it is. Go back and look at my posts about the 2017 draft. Supposedly a weak QB class. Major questions about all the top QB prospects. Smart move was to take advantage of the strong WR class, right? Well, two of those QBs turned out to be Deshaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes and of the three top 10 WRs two were outright busts.

I wasn't down on that QB class, actually.

This is the time I agree with the bobbleheads and the scouting community, this class is bad. Doesn't mean that a guy might not succeed but you are gonna see quite a few players that  don't ever get a second NFL contract.