• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bussin with the Boys: Sam Darnold

Icege

14 hours ago, Icege said:

was complimentary of Adam Gase.

This, right there, is lending credence to the "He's dumb" narrative.

spacer.png

And to think I once rooted for this guy.... smh.

I mean..good guy but sheesh....

14 hours ago, frankw said:

Sam seems like a good guy I wish him well in his non football endeavors. He just cannot play quarterback and so far through four NFL seasons does not seem to inspire as a leader. We can post dozens of interviews or marketing gimmicks to make him more appealing but none of that will make him a franchise quarterback.

Stephen Colbert Idk GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Agreed.

He did say in the Podcast that B-Ball was his first love and he also played Baseball.

Maybe a switch in sports would be better for him, perhaps?  *shrugs*

Edited by glenwo2

1 hour ago, Shocker said:

I find it difficult not to like Sam as a person.  Would be a great story if he could come out and have a nice season next year behind a decent OL

Sam is a nice guy but apparently a bit...slightly....delusional if he thinks he proved he's a good quarterback.

He has yet to prove he's an AVERAGE quarterback, for heaven's sake.  🤨

• Pie 1

14 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

He overall still seems pretty indifferent/takes his situation for granted/financially secure. Not a bad guy just still a bit clueless and hard to root for when there's guys out there fighting to even get a workout/training camp/preseason

That's my take from this as well. He has a flat affect, is not a hoo-rah kind of guy, just indifferent. And that's exactly why he is a mediocre QB at best. Upsetting to hear him say that he CAN be a good QB because he has been before...???? When? Where? Which multiverse? This guys has the physical tools but lacks intangibles and that's the difference. 

• Beer 1

58 minutes ago, glenwo2 said:

Sam is a nice guy but apparently a bit...slightly....delusional if he thinks he proved he's a good quarterback.

He has yet to prove he's an AVERAGE quarterback, for heaven's sake.  🤨

Yeah, agree the chips are stacked against him and I don’t like excuses but he has played behind some pathetic OLs in this career.

Edited by Shocker

"The part that pisses me is off is when people judge my game, like how I'm playing," he said. "Then I'm like, 'Go strap it up.' 'You're a fan and I respect you as a fan. You can talk all the s--- you want, I'm not going to do anything at the end of the day, but take it easy.'

"What if I was like, 'The house you just worked on, piece of sh--. You're so bad at tiling. You should really go get another job. Really think about your profession.' Sometimes you want to say stuff like that, but you can't."

Problem is, Sam, if that worker was as bad at his job as you are at yours he wouldn’t get 18 million no matter if he was fired. 
He would have just been fired. 
Sounds like the dude can’t take criticism. 

• Pie 2

45 minutes ago, CRA said:

Imagine being the worst starting QB in the NFL over the last 4 seasons....and claiming that you have proven you can play at a high level in the NFL. 

That's straight up delusion 

To his credit he has shown he can on a hand full of occasions.  He just can't put it together in a full game.

8 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

To his credit he has shown he can on a hand full of occasions.  He just can't put it together in a full game.

Darnold is like that rookie that shows big play flashes (early season rushing, Vikings comeback, soft touch drop in passes, strong arm) but also rookies’ big time mistakes. Except it’s never ending, that’s the problem.

To his benefit, in the five years he has been in the league his average oline ranking is like 28. I don’t think that has ever happened in NFL history for 5 straight years.

And so he is not a starter, but I actually think he is an excellent choice for a backup position, he is better than PJ…that’s about it.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

a good random play here or there….isn’t playing QB at a high level in the NFL.  He is the poster child for bad QB play in the NFL.  

it’s delusion.  They should just cut him.  

• Pie 1

2 hours ago, onmyown said:

Darnold is like that rookie that shows big play flashes (early season rushing, Vikings comeback, soft touch drop in passes, strong arm) but also rookies’ big time mistakes. Except it’s never ending, that’s the problem.

To his benefit, in the five years he has been in the league his average oline ranking is like 28. I don’t think that has ever happened in NFL history for 5 straight years.

And so he is not a starter, but I actually think he is an excellent choice for a backup position, he is better than PJ…that’s about it.

*I'm* better than PJ but I get your point. 🧐

Edited by glenwo2