• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer: believes drafting a quarterback with the sixth pick in the NFL Draft is the Panthers' "only way out" of the team's quarterback predicament

TheSpecialJuan

28 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I don't think #6 is the only way out, but I do think that the draft is. The only vets we're going to get are the ones with no other choice. We're going to have to find out next QB on the draft. There just aren't very many Jake Delhommes out there.

It's not hard to see that Fitterer wants to go the draft route.

Convincing Rhule might not be easy though.

15 minutes ago, Krovvy said:

I don't see the team winning anything with Sam.

It's either take a shot at quarterback or trade for Mayfield.

Mayfield has not been good. Trading anything of significance for him (especially without them paying a good part of his contract) would be going on Darnold bad. The QBs in the draft may ultimately be better than Mayfield. He's a backup level talent. He's thrown more INTs than any QB since he's been in the league (including Darnold). He's another Cleveland Browns' bust. 

If they have to pull the trigger at 6, then go Corral. Everybody will say it is to high a pick for him, but guarantee he won't be around long. Seahawks and a few others want him also. If they need to do this as Breer says, then go corral. The others will be holding a clipboard or riding the pines.

Edited by Jmac
  • Beer 1

Here is how I think it could be playing out:

We don't see a lot of difference between QB 1 and 5, so trade back and take the last man standing.  If that fails, you still have a shot at Howell or Ridder.   Personally, I think Corral goes sooner than expected and Pickett drops.  I mean, we are not considering 2 of the top 5 QBs at #6,  so it seems the SMART play is to try to trade back and get a QB--to me, there are 5 that are pretty even.  So by having them all in Charlotte, it does not guarantee a QB at #6, it suggests that we want to know how far back we can move.

Edited by MHS831
  • Beer 6

15 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

It's not hard to see that Fitterer wants to go the draft route.

Convincing Rhule might not be easy though.

Fug Rhule....lucky he is still coaching in the NFL at this point. He don't like it....to bad.

• Pie 3