• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Alexander predicts we get Garoppolo or Mayfield

Mr. Scot

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I said a long time ago that Jimmy G would be our QB. Everything about Jimmy G screams "Matt Rhule QB".

I think Fit and Rhule compromise and land on Mayfield. His trade stock is so low, Cleveland might accept next years 5th rounder for him. 

Honestly, I felt that Garoppolo had tremendous upside as a trade. He's a winner, if not a spectacular star guy, and he brings a good set of skills to the table. He's also been part of two successful programs and that helps in the locker room.

And then there was the shoulder surgery. And no one knows what we'll have after the fact.

He might be fine. He might even be better. 

Or he could be like Cam and just the husk of the QB he used to be and an actual liability in the passing game.

Whereas I might have been hopeful if he'd been the QB pick up before, now I'm really worried that he might be and that we'd be hamstrung by the trade and another broken QB who isn't up to snuff.

• Pie 1

Just now, NCTHFL0567 said:

I think Fit and Rhule compromise and land on Mayfield. His trade stock is so low, Cleveland might accept next years 5th rounder for him. 

If we could get Mayfield for that I'd rather go that route than Jimmy G. Mayfield with an ego checking could be a good QB.

The only two vets I'd consider are Mayfield (for the right price) and Minshew. Minshew would preferably be brought in as a bridge while we develop (the thought of this staff developing a rookie QB 😂😂😂) a rookie.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 5

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

If we could get Mayfield for that I'd rather go that route than Jimmy G. Mayfield with an ego checking could be a good QB.

The only two vets I'd consider are Mayfield (for the right price) and Minshew. Minshew would preferably be brought in as a bridge while we develop (the thought of this staff developing a rookie QB 😂😂😂) a rookie.

I don't see how Cleveland gets anything they want for him at this point. If the DS's in the front office trade him for anything other than a 5th rounder they're not doing it right. So, I expect them to royally fug this up. 

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I mean we have cap space hanging out to sign one. I think it’s a terrible idea, but it looks like that what we are planning on it…

I think we plan to trade back, grab a QB, but if that fails, we can go after one of these two.  I do not think staying with Darnold is the plan, even if for 1 year.

Just now, LinvilleGorge said:

This "he's a winner" stuff has to stop. He sucks. He's a subpar QB who has been fortunate to play for some really good overall teams. Look at his playoff stats. They're Darnold level bad.

Subpar is a nice way to put it. Your last two sentences are correct. Mina Kimes kept those stats on her Twitter for a while after Jeff Garcia torched her for "not knowing football."