• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Draft is 2 Weeks Out/Predictions Thread

davos

Well, they do suck, and I'm not going to say that this hasn't affected my relative disinterest to the draft lead-up, but I've had so many other things to concern myself with this off-season. Truth be told, I'm kinda glad that I haven't been all into it with baited breath because the waiting can drive you crazy. 

As always, I'll accept what comes, but I'm hoping for a trade down and Corral.

I don't predict a damn thing but a good player in the draft.

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 1

52 minutes ago, Shocker said:

Evan Neal at 6...Huddle rejoices

Well, except for those Huddlers that complain about everything

Oh man would I love Neal.  My wishlist as it stands:

1. Neal/Cross/Icky

2. Trade Down

3. Garrett Wilson

3. Willis/Pickett

I think a trade down positions us for Pickett if he drops to the spot, which these guys will do.  Not that I want him, but can totally see it.

The trade prediction is with BAL if Thibodaux (or Walker) is available at 6.  They're reportedly very interested in Thib and a lot of Ravens nation mocks trade ups to our range.  Should note they have 4th rounders.  I mean, talk about ammo.  Could even see them trade for Sauce (CB being a huge need and they always ID the top ones)

We get something like Pick 14, 45, & 110.  That positions us very nicely and we stay at the top of the draft.

Edited by davos
  • Pie 2

3 hours ago, davos said:

So, the draft is two weeks away and I've honestly never seen this place care less haha.  But to the point of the thread, I ask of you 2 predictions:

What do we do at pick 6?

Who do we end up with at QB for 2022?

#FireRhule

We trade pick 6 and move back a few spots, while picking up a 2nd. We go best DE at 10ish, and best LG in the 2nd.

Minshew will be our QB this year.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

I've read Pitt is in love with Willis, so my prediction.

Trade back with the steelers, and we draft Penning or Ridder/Corral/Howell.

Predicted starter to open the year: Darnold.

I think 20 just drops us too far where we don't get assurance if our top-12 big board guys are still there.  

We'd be in our second block on our draft charts.  They want to still land a guy in the top blocks with a trade down.

20 minutes ago, Jaxel said:

I've read Pitt is in love with Willis, so my prediction.

Trade back with the steelers, and we draft Penning or Ridder/Corral/Howell.

Predicted starter to open the year: Darnold.

This is the way.  Trade back.  Draft Pennington and Corral.  Darnold starts the opener but later this season, Corral takes over.  

Edited by bythenbrs
Clarity

I think the Panthers are going to either take that tackle or edge rusher (since there are 6 elite players, one will be there) or they are trading back to the middle of the draft and taking Corral.

So I will say with precise uncertainty:

#6 Neal

OR

#15 or so: Corral and then Zion Johnson (G/C from BC) in round 2.   Corral has the quick release and is accurate.  He is a good athlete and can run the RPO.  Good fit in this offense.