• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Robby Anderson wants Panthers to work out Colin Kaepernick

TheSpecialJuan

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Robby isn't the cause but he quite literally said they didn't need fans that boo. I mean, I am not out there booing(yet) but don't fuging tell the fans how to fan any more than the fans should tell the players how to play. fuging stay in your lane, Sideshow Rob.

He pissed me off with that quip. I was one of the very few guys that defended him during last season while he was struggling but when you are stinking it up on the field, don't you fuging dare talk down to fans. 

Cam, Luke, TD, Sam Mills, Steve Smith, etc....those guys earned the right to be critical of the fans not Robby Anderson's dumb ass.

I can agree with this, but this doesn’t speak for the hate and the “Sideshow Bob’s” “he’s going to get paid and fat” comments he was receiving prior to his fan comments. 

You had Darnold pretty much say “if you got something to say about my play, then suit up and play QB.” Even with that, Darnold is strictly criticized for his play. There’s no unnecessary name calling, no “he got his money and he quit” accusations, etc. He is criticized strictly for his play, and even with that, you still have a contingent of fans saying he got a raw deal with the OL, give him another chance. 

Again, I think Robby’s play doesn’t warrant the contract he’s received, but people need to keep it consistent. Robby has had a pretty good season. That isn’t the case for others. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

I don't see how not playing for 6 years is not a serious downside. Unless he has been training and preparing like he was going to play that is going to matter.

I don't see it as going through any trouble. He gets an all-expenses paid trip to basically work out for a team. That's the extent of it. 

I literally don't care even remotely about his views or protests. He is free to do whatever he wants, on the field and off the field. 

I care about his ability to play football and win games for us. So, even without the long layoff, he wasn't particularly good at that either. 

If he wants to sign a 1 year, veteran minimum deal, fine by me. He can't be that much worse than PJ Walker so you should at least improve your #2 QB. Outside of that scenario, why would you spend money on a mediocre QB that hasn't play ANY football in 6 years? That's about as dumb as trading picks for Sam Darnold.

Kap got a settlement from the NFL; we aren't talking about some poor slob from the CFL trying to get a vacation by listening to a timeshare presentation. 

As for spending a lot of money on Kap, I'm pretty sure that if he was offered a contract that it wouldn't amount to much in the grand scheme of things. As for paying for a mediocre QB, I think it's infinitely worse to be paying one going on 20 mil per year whether he's younger or not, especially when there are journeyman that make more sense from an economic and possibly upside perspective.

10 minutes ago, AggieLean said:

I can agree with this, but this doesn’t speak for the hate and the “Sideshow Bob’s” “he’s going to get paid and fat” comments he was receiving prior to his fan comments. 

You had Darnold pretty much say “if you got something to say about my play, then suit up and play QB.” Even with that, Darnold is strictly criticized for his play. There’s no unnecessary name calling, no “he got his money and he quit” accusations, etc. He is criticized strictly for his play, and even with that, you still have a contingent of fans saying he got a raw deal with the OL, give him another chance. 

Again, I think Robby’s play doesn’t warrant the contract he’s received, but people need to keep it consistent. Robby has had a pretty good season. That isn’t the case for others. 

I had forgot about the Darnold quote but in fairness, the vitriol directly towards him is already so extreme(deservedly so) for how goddamn awful his play is.

Also don't forget that he told the Jets they were making a mistake trading him. LOL.

But, oddly, I get way more mad at the coaching staff and FO over Darnold. He was the same pile of poo QB with the Jets he is now. He didn't get any better or worse. How the fug do you convince yourself a guy like that is the answer?

And, more importantly, how is that not a goddamn fireable offense?

• Beer 2

I have no idea how anyone could watch Darnold at the Jets and conclude anything other than "holy poo, this dude sucks". Yes, he had some flashes. But they were FLASHES. Everyone on an NFL roster has the talent to have flashes if they're getting starter minutes. But all the same problems we're still readily present - the most glaring of which was the panic. Sam Darnold is a panicker. When plays go sideways he panics and when he panics he does really dumb poo. Well, guess what? This is the NFL and I don't care how great your team is poo is going to go sideways sometimes. Several times a game. Those guys on that opposing defense are good too. They're highly paid professional football players coached by professional football coaches. They're gonna make some plays and do some things right. You cannot afford several boneheaded plays a game from your QB.

• Beer 1

5 minutes ago, top dawg said:

Kap got a settlement from the NFL; we aren't talking about some poor slob from the CFL trying to get a vacation by listening to a timeshare presentation. 

As for spending a lot of money on Kap, I'm pretty sure that if he was offered a contract that it wouldn't amount to much in the grand scheme of things. As for paying for a mediocre QB, I think it's infinitely worse to be paying one going on 20 mil per year whether he's younger or not, especially when there are journeyman that make more sense from an economic and possibly upside perspective.

Yeah and that is what I mean, the max value for Kaepernick is veteran minimum on a one year deal. He hasn't played in forever. 

And if you want the proof about what he is worth, the guy who just had serious sexual allegations against him had a quarter of the teams in the NFL(ours included) trying to land him the instant those grand jury charges were dropped. It helps when you are an elite player.

After Kaepernick got wrongly blackballed from the NFL, he had minimal interest over those 6 years off. Even long after the herping and derping from the triggered goofs that threatened to never watch the NFL again(most of which who were never real NFL fans anyway) had already quieted down. He was never viewed that well by the league as a whole. Take a look at Baker Mayfield at the moment. Same situation. Hell, even the ghost of Cam falls in that category. Fairly minimal NFL interest.

If you have elite playing capability, you really have to do some heinous poo to not get a bunch of extra chances(See: Brown. Antonio).

15 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

I had forgot about the Darnold quote but in fairness, the vitriol directly towards him is already so extreme(deservedly so) for how goddamn awful his play is.

Also don't forget that he told the Jets they were making a mistake trading him. LOL.

Yeah all this only took place 9 days ago...

...has nothing to do with his Panthers tenure 🤦‍♂️

I'm no Silver Platter Sam supporter but this narrative about him "calling out" Jets 🛫 fans is complete horse-hockey...read the f'g details LOL 🤣

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Poo 1

14 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah and that is what I mean, the max value for Kaepernick is veteran minimum on a one year deal. He hasn't played in forever. 

And if you want the proof about what he is worth, the guy who just had serious sexual allegations against him had a quarter of the teams in the NFL(ours included) trying to land him the instant those grand jury charges were dropped. It helps when you are an elite player.

After Kaepernick got wrongly blackballed from the NFL, he had minimal interest over those 6 years off. Even long after the herping and derping from the triggered goofs that threatened to never watch the NFL again(most of which who were never real NFL fans anyway) had already quieted down. He was never viewed that well by the league as a whole. Take a look at Baker Mayfield at the moment. Same situation. Hell, even the ghost of Cam falls in that category. Fairly minimal NFL interest.

If you have elite playing capability, you really have to do some heinous poo to not get a bunch of extra chances(See: Brown. Antonio).

I am not a proponent of paying Kap a lot of money; what I am a proponent of is giving him a shot to play in the league once more. Regardless of what his skill level was, he was still better (and is still likely better) than some that are signed right now, and that's with six years off. And on an off note: NFL QBs don't forget how to play football, they're bodies let them down after a while, especially if they've taken a beating, or they just don't feel like making the sacrifices anymore that it takes to compete. Kap is apparently not in that place, and his situation is unique. It's also unfortunate. Ultimately, he has to take what he can get or just move on. I don't think he's delusional enough to be trying to back up the Brinks truck to any franchise

37 minutes ago, top dawg said:

I am not a proponent of paying Kap a lot of money; what I am a proponent of is giving him a shot to play in the league once more. Regardless of what his skill level was, he was still better (and is still likely better) than some that are signed right now, and that's with six years off. And on an off note: NFL QBs don't forget how to play football, they're bodies let them down after a while, especially if they've taken a beating, or they just don't feel like making the sacrifices anymore that it takes to compete. Kap is apparently not in that place, and his situation is unique. It's also unfortunate. Ultimately, he has to take what he can get or just move on. I don't think he's delusional enough to be trying to back up the Brinks truck to any franchise

Yeah well he wasn't great at reading defenses when he left so it isn't like he has been developing that skill in the interim.

Beggars can't be choosers in the NFL. It isn't the MLB or NBA with all guaranteed money. If he isn't willing to come cheaply, there is zero reason to even bother.

Offer an incentivised deal. Let him compete with Darnold and whoever else we have in the quarterback room, then start whoever earns it in preseason. If we aren’t drafting a rookie to start, or trading for a QB to start, then we might as well have a QB competition with the best options we can muster. 

2 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Robby is trying to get traded or be released.

If you haven't figured that out by now, you haven't been paying attention to the offseason.

Yeah he's been seemingly saying everything he can to make that happen...

But I mean sure bring Kap in to drum up interest in "the brand" (smh) for camp...it'll probably be the only worthwhile media thing we'll have going on all year anyway...

10 hours ago, AggieLean said:

You cant even say he had a good season, he had a good 5 games when he first got here and has been JAG since. 

IN 2020 he had  489 yards of his total 1096 yards in his first 5 games with 3 100 yard games. He has not had a single 100 yard receiving game since those first 5 games. 

Robby is not a top end WR he is a #3 on a competent team that should only be a deep threat. 

Edited by PootieNunu

5 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

You cant even say he had a good season, he had a good 5 games when he first got here and has been JAG since. 

IN 2020 he had  489 yards of his total 1096 yards in his first 5 games with 3 100 yard games. He has not had a single 100 yard receiving game since those first 5 games. 

Robby is not a top end WR he is a #3 on a competent team that should only be a deep threat. 

Before anyone says the QB play, DJ has had 6, 100+ yard receiving games since Robby has had 1.