• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"What are we doing in the draft" 2022 edition.

Verge

6 minutes ago, section543 said:

Cole Strange is new name on here….1st round?

IOL guy that can play center and guard.  I think he can play OT in a pinch too.  I have yet to see a first round grade on him though.  I like the guy as a prospect, but not in the first round.

• Pie 3

3 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I think his 5th is already picked up and that’s what he is playing on. I believe he was in Darnold’s draft class.

They apparently did, however he's only under contract for this year.  Baker will have to play out the year on his current deal.  I don't think Fitts plays nice this time around, nor should he.

• Pie 1

Just now, 45catfan said:

They apparently did, however he's only under contract for this year.  Baker will have to play out the year on his current deal.  I don't think Fitts plays nice this time around, nor should he.

Agreed. This might be our best option. Give up little for him and split his contact with Cleveland. If he sucks it’s very easy to move on…

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, section543 said:

Cole Strange is new name on here….1st round?

It would be a little rich for sure. A trade down option people may not be considering is us picking up a 2nd+ this year and a 1st next year for our current spot. Strange will fit in that early 2nd round. He is a guard/center hybrid.

• Pie 1

31 minutes ago, Evil Hurney said:

@VergeThanks for the writeup. I find it interesting that Cross is in a different tier.

I think our best hope to trade out of #6 for a decent haul is to have one of the EDGE guys fall (e.g. Thibodeaux or Walker). As mentioned, no one is swapping picks with us to get a QB or LT.

If we dont want to trade back, we have to hope Sauce and Hamilton go in the top 5.

I think it will go like this:

1. Jax:  Walker DE Georgia

2. Detroit:Tibodeaux. DE Oregon

3. Houston: Ekwonu, OT NC State

4. NY Jets:  Hutchinson, DE Mich

5. NY Giants: Neal OT, Alabama

That leaves the Panthers in a weird situation.  HOWEVER--if a team trades up ahead of the Panthers for a QB, that could leave NEAL on the board.  Stay tuned.

Edited by MHS831

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

Agreed. This might be our best option. Give up little for him and split his contact with Cleveland. If he sucks it’s very easy to move on…

As long as Cleveland makes his salary more palatable, it boils down to a 1-year "prove it" season.  If I were Fitts, I would frame the situation that way.  You know Baker is going to want a new deal if let out of Cleveland. However, it would be no different than if he were actually a FA.  I seriously doubt even if he were a FA Baker would have received a multi-year deal.  Heck, we have several guys we signed this offseason playing on similar one-year "prove it" deals.

• Pie 1

I Rhule's really in the hot seat, I just don't want them to do something incredibly stupid and set this franchise back EVEN more than they already have. Neal or Ikweonu will be fine at #6. One of them will be there and that will be the pick. If they trade for Mayfield or Jimmy, fine but nothing more than a 3rd. If they can't trade for them fug it, run it back with Darnold. You made your bed, now lie in it. Also show that you are a coach and coach them up. 

• Pie 1

49 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I look forward to watching people bitch and moan when Panthers Jimmy G looks indistinguishable from Sam Darnold.

Jimmy G is more Teddy than Sam though IMO.   But he is just as pointless as Teddy and Sam. 

seems like such a Matt Rhule move though 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

20 minutes ago, Ivan The Awesome said:

I Rhule's really in the hot seat, I just don't want them to do something incredibly stupid and set this franchise back EVEN more than they already have. Neal or Ikweonu will be fine at #6. One of them will be there and that will be the pick. If they trade for Mayfield or Jimmy, fine but nothing more than a 3rd. If they can't trade for them fug it, run it back with Darnold. You made your bed, now lie in it. Also show that you are a coach and coach them up. 

In the hot seat...but also in charge.

That is a flat out horrible spot for any organization to be in.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 2