• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"What are we doing in the draft" 2022 edition.

Verge

I have a suspicion a lot of teams REALLY like a few guys including Sauce Gardner, Garrett Wilson, Bernhard Raimann, & Zion Johnson.  They're that blend of smarts, passion for the game, hit all measurables, just the full package at their positions.  

Personally love hearing we may potentially be looking at Raimann if we trade down.  He's a stud. 

If a trade is made, I HAVE to think Wilson, Raimann, Zion or Corral are the targets on our second block on the big boards.  Then a trade up for Howell with the new capital gained if Corral isn't R1.  

• Pie 4

6 hours ago, 45catfan said:

Darnold starting in 2022 is an option, but the last option.  There is a very real scenario that happens.  We take a LT at #6 and SF & Cleveland play hardball.  Fitts WILL NOT make the same mistake twice on overpaying for a stopgap QB.  I don't care how hard Rhule pounds the table for it to happen. 

I'm thinking it's Baker, BUT  has to Cleveland eat a portion of his contract and we DO NOT pick up his 5th year option.

This is Bakers 5th year option he was in same class as Sam.   

6 hours ago, Verge said:

It would be a little rich for sure. A trade down option people may not be considering is us picking up a 2nd+ this year and a 1st next year for our current spot. Strange will fit in that early 2nd round. He is a guard/center hybrid.

From what you've heard, do they have him rated higher than Zion Johnson? I've seen Johnson's value climbing into the late 1st round, and he's the top ranked hybrid I've seen on a lot of rankings. 

6 hours ago, Verge said:

It would be a little rich for sure. A trade down option people may not be considering is us picking up a 2nd+ this year and a 1st next year for our current spot. Strange will fit in that early 2nd round. He is a guard/center hybrid.

Better be with a team that is going to suck next year. The only way I’m ok trading out of that 6th pick and not getting a 1st this year is if it’s with a team like the Texans or maybe the Falcons if they draft a QB and miss on a veteran. There is a good chance teams like the Giants, Jets, Jags all take significant steps forward this year and are drafting outside the top 10.

1 hour ago, davos said:

I have a suspicion a lot of teams REALLY like a few guys including Sauce Gardner, Garrett Wilson, Bernhard Raimann, & Zion Johnson.  They're that blend of smarts, passion for the game, hit all measurables, just the full package at their positions.  

Personally love hearing we may potentially be looking at Raimann if we trade down.  He's a stud. 

If a trade is made, I HAVE to think Wilson, Raimann, Zion or Corral are the targets on our second block on the big boards.  Then a trade up for Howell with the new capital gained if Corral isn't R1.  

Or….Stand pat and have two first round picks next year in a much better QB class. 

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

He'll probably be about the same then end up injured. That's kinda his M.O.

Yeah, he has been banged up. I am not against trading for him, especially with just one year left on his deal.

I am sure we will fug it up and give up way too much draft capital or sign him to a big extension before he ever plays a snap. Actually, probably both.

6 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Or….Stand pat and have two first round picks next year in a much better QB class. 

Correct.  Hence why I said that's optimal IF we trade back.

Ekwonu or Neal...or Cross sounds like the most likely path.

1 minute ago, kungfoodude said:

Yeah, he has been banged up. I am not against trading for him, especially with just one year left on his deal.

I am sure we will fug it up and give up way too much draft capital or sign him to a big extension before he ever plays a snap. Actually, probably both.

I'm very against it. I'd honestly rather stick with Darnold.

Just now, Jon Snow said:

I think Sam is here regardless of who is drafted. The only way I see him gone is if they draft AND sign/trade for another QB.

I don't see him in the roster, even if he's outright cut. We didn't learn anything from the Teddy debacle. You can't openly poo all over a guy while he's still on your roster. 😂

• Pie 3