• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Albert Breer: Baker Mayfield would be redundant to Sam Darnold and the Browns are pushing more for a trade than the Panthers are

TheSpecialJuan

14 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

This Kenny Pickett to the Panthers is like nails on a chalkboard every time I see it.

For you young kids it's a large green slate board the teacher would write on with a piece of chalk.

Us old farts didn't have white boards the teacher uses for their projector or as a video screen.

Anyway, I'm getting tired of seeing him mocked to us.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

2 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

This Kenny Pickett to the Panthers is like nails in a chalkboard every time I see it.

For you young kids it's a large green slate board the teacher would write on with a piece of chalk.

Us old farts didn't have white boards the teacher uses for their projector or as a video screen.

Anyway, I'm getting tired of seeing him mocked to us.

Its worse than that and I do feel its on one of the many plans....... I jokingly asked the mods to start banning people who post, link, or speak about Kenny to the panthers.....it feels non-organic each time. 

But I swear.....just need to get that 1st rounder/s right.....I dont see how any board can have Kenny as one of the top 32. 

If they stay at 6 and pickett is the pick, Im turning into a toxic hate fan. 

21 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah Baker’s rookie season with 3700 yards 27 TDs 14 INTs was better than anything Darnold has done. That was playing for the worst team in the league. 2/4 years he was good and he played hurt last year (still put up better numbers than Darnold) while losing Beckham mid season and Landry and Chubb missed time. He was also sacked more than Sam so there goes the elite OL theory. He is a pretty high upgrade over Darnold because he is actually a capable starter. It’s really not that debatable. Darnold is complete garbage…

Bakers 2020 should have had MVP votes, sad how fast things get memory holed these days....like right now ALLLL of sudden no ones cares about vaccine status and that was the most important thing a couple months ago. Plus he played hurt and team rewarded that with trading for Mr "I need 38 different masseuse" Watson. Im not even a baker fan, but if browns pay for 70+/-% of this deal and all they want is a 2023 6th or 7th...why not? I do think if he got here, he would pick things up fast and be starting week 1. One of the most underrated parts of Bakers game, he can handle the new WR divas. He would have a talk with Robbie Anderson and they would have a understanding. 

Honestly Baker needs the panthers just the same as the panthers need a future QB option. I truly believe Baker is Matt Rhules wet dream of a QB. 

Edited by Basbear
  • Pie 1

13 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Bakers 2020 should have had MVP votes, sad how fast things get memory holed these days....like right now ALLLL of sudden no ones cares about vaccine status and that was the most important thing a couple months ago. Plus he played hurt and team rewarded that with trading for Mr "I need 38 different masseuse" Watson. Im not even a baker fan, but if browns pay for 70+/-% of this deal and all they want is a 2023 6th or 7th...why not? I do think if he got here, he would pick things up fast and be starting week 1. One of the most underrated parts of Bakers game, he can handle the new WR divas. He would have a talk with Robbie Anderson and they would have a understanding. 

Honestly Baker needs the panthers just the same as the panthers need a future QB option. I truly believe Baker is Matt Rhules wet dream of a QB. 

I agree with most aside from Baker is Matt Rhules kinda guy. If Teddy was too outspoken for Rhule can't imagine how petty he would be with Baker 

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

I agree with most aside from Baker is Matt Rhules kinda guy. If Teddy was too outspoken for Rhule can't imagine how petty he would be with Baker 

Without tripping over my words trying the explain. Matt Rhule stated a few times he simply needed "that guy" at QB. Baker 150% believes he is "that guy"(right or wrong). Rhule wants a QB with Bakers personality.

21 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah Baker’s rookie season with 3700 yards 27 TDs 14 INTs was better than anything Darnold has done. That was playing for the worst team in the league. 2/4 years he was good and he played hurt last year (still put up better numbers than Darnold) while losing Beckham mid season and Landry and Chubb missed time. He was also sacked more than Sam so there goes the elite OL theory. He is a pretty high upgrade over Darnold because he is actually a capable starter. It’s really not that debatable. Darnold is complete garbage…

Baker is better than Darnold.  Baker still sucks.

In 2018 Landry played in all 16 games, started 14 and went to the probowl that year. 

In 2018 Chubb played in all 16 games and  essentially had a 1000 yard season, 1145 all purpose yards.

OG Bitanio was both a Probowler and All pro that year.

Baker's QBR was 51 in 2018.  Sam's was 45.9.

Baker has been surrounded by FAR superior talent and still has only 1 year with winning QB record.   Baker did not turn around the Cleveland Browns the GM did.

Teddy Bridgewater had a 3733 yard season with a 56.8 QBR in 2020.  We let him go for Darnold, hoping it was the jets.    It wasn't. 

I wouldn't trade anything for Baker, except straight up for Sam Darnold. 

2 minutes ago, Basbear said:

Baker played a big role in ending the longest NFL playoffs missed, plus he won that playoff game tooo.

I got to run, getting deathly sick defending Baker...

Lol right? I’m not his biggest fan, but he is CLEARLY an upgrade and I’m not sure how it even became a debate…

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, poundaway said:

Baker is better than Darnold.  Baker still sucks.

In 2018 Landry played in all 16 games, started 14 and went to the probowl that year. 

In 2018 Chubb played in all 16 games and  essentially had a 1000 yard season, 1145 all purpose yards.

OG Bitanio was both a Probowler and All pro that year.

Baker's QBR was 51 in 2018.  Sam's was 45.9.

Baker has been surrounded by FAR superior talent and still has only 1 year with winning QB record.   Baker did not turn around the Cleveland Browns the GM did.

Teddy Bridgewater had a 3733 yard season with a 56.8 QBR in 2020.  We let him go for Darnold, hoping it was the jets.    It wasn't. 

I wouldn't trade anything for Baker, except straight up for Sam Darnold. 

Landry is still a FA right now if I’m not mistaken. He also had a WR in Beckham who is now on his third team and wasn’t being used correctly by his OC. Yeah Landry went to the Pro Bowl, and you don’t think that had anything to do with Baker consistently getting the ball into his hands? Even Teddy got Anderson looking good with 1000 receiving yards, then Darnold comes in and he sucks again. He has s good RB in Chubb meanwhile Sam has worked with Leveon Bell and CMC (I know he was hurt part of the season as was Chubb last year). Baker was still sacked 43 times last year (more than Sam) so the OL isn’t as good as advertised. So he had a good OG? Sam had a good RT? Doesn’t mean poo if the rest of the OL isn’t doing their job.

The Browns aren’t some All Star team like people think. Baker like him or not would be considered a decent upgrade to Sam. I get he is an ass and threw way too many INTs his second year. Last year he probably should have sat out when he got hurt, but still he is an upgrade by a decent margin. 

8 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Landry is still a FA right now if I’m not mistaken. He also had a WR in Beckham who is now on his third team and wasn’t being used correctly by his OC. Yeah Landry went to the Pro Bowl, and you don’t think that had anything to do with Baker consistently getting the ball into his hands? Even Teddy got Anderson looking good with 1000 receiving yards, then Darnold comes in and he sucks again. He has s good RB in Chubb meanwhile Sam has worked with Leveon Bell and CMC (I know he was hurt part of the season as was Chubb last year). Baker was still sacked 43 times last year (more than Sam) so the OL isn’t as good as advertised. So he had a good OG? Sam had a good RT? Doesn’t mean poo if the rest of the OL isn’t doing their job.

The Browns aren’t some All Star team like people think. Baker like him or not would be considered a decent upgrade to Sam. I get he is an ass and threw way too many INTs his second year. Last year he probably should have sat out when he got hurt, but still he is an upgrade by a decent margin. 

I was correcting the notion that Landry and Chubb had missed significant time.  They both contributed substantially that year. 

The Browns looked like an All Star team compared to the jets. 

Baker is better than Sam. Just not  as much as you think.

It isn't worth any cap or trade capital.  If they want to trade Sam for Baker straight up, fine.  But I wouldn't give them a pick and I certainly wouldn't pay both.  

Edited by poundaway

The way I see it is that you only go after Baker if you think he's worth extending beyond next season.  I talking giving him another 3 to 4 years at the going rate. If it's just for the one year and the few extra wins it's really a waste of his and the teams time.

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Lol right? I’m not his biggest fan, but he is CLEARLY an upgrade and I’m not sure how it even became a debate…

Just being an upgrade isn't what we need now.  That's like being the tallest midget.   What the Panthers need is a clear plan instead of throwing poo against the wall