• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers terminating Rock Hill project agreements

Dorian Gray

9 minutes ago, Panthercougar68 said:

I’ll agree the unhappy customers part and I think the general issue is that something like the filing “is a black eye” not really it’s business practice.

My thing is when Tepper got the panthers it’s not like we were in the Patriots or Packers realm of winning. 

It is a black eye when you add in all the rest and the fact he is a billionaire that I am guessing will try and flip this to his advantage in a way Tepper is known for.

We were better before Tepper than after. Until a lot changes for the better that is a fact. We went from mediocre and mildly dysfunctional to just bad and openly dysfunctional.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, TN05 said:

He didn't con anyone. The city of Rock Hill conned him by promising to pay and then refusing to do so. The fault lies entirely with the city here,

Or the city realized that half of the promises that Tepper gave them weren’t going to come to fruition?

Rock Hill hosting the NFL Draft, get lost with that poo.

Tepper promised all these things to Rock Hill and it was all smoke in mirrors.

But hey, keep believing in Tepper. Only five more years until Jay Z and the Panthers are competitive again.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

15 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

If Kroenke can foot his bill for his stadium which is nearly six times more expensive than the Rock Hill project, Tepper can foot his.

Kroenke is a dislikable human but he got the Chargers to pay him premium rent and a deal with the NFL with kickbacks to let them use the facility as a media base. Dude is smart for sure. Plus LA doesn't have to give anyone a reason to be there, it's been premium real estate for decades. None of that will happen in Carolina and I am sure that is what allowed the NFL to let him do that stadium that way.

• Pie 1

The “it’s just business” crowd will see how this goes down when he comes after Charlotte for a new stadium. I said before this is how billionaires handle their affairs. The bankruptcy is the cherry on top of this whole public mess. It’s a bad look for him. It reminds me of the saying “just because it’s legal doesn’t mean you should do it.” This fiasco should have never gone this far. If Tepper had any balls he would swallow his inferiority complex and his ego and would have made this deal work after he already publicly committed to it and a big ass hole got dug in the ground. Instead it was terminated and now he’s gonna run and file bankruptcy to dissolve the shell company he created to protect his billions. This guy is a disgusting person IMO on top of being an extremely shitty sports team owner. I’d just as soon see the panthers move at this point because they aren’t the franchise that most of us grew up watching. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Or the city realized that half of the promises that Tepper gave them weren’t going to come to fruition?

Rock Hill hosting the NFL Draft, get lost with that poo.

Tepper promised all these things to Rock Hill and it was all smoke in mirrors.

But hey, keep believing in Tepper. Only five more years until Jay Z and the Panthers are competitive again.

I don't believe in Tepper, but if Rock Hill wanted this they shouldn't have pulled a bait-and-switch.

3 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

The project doesn’t seemed to have been thought out very well, if it was there would have been contingencies in place for completing it regardless of if Rock Hill backed out or not.

Like what?

3 hours ago, MillionDollarCam said:

Tepper tried to make a deal with Rock Hill

He did make a deal with Rock Hill and lived up to his end of the deal 👍

1 hour ago, TN05 said:
1 hour ago, MillionDollarCam said:

I don’t fault him for protecting assets. I fault him for swindling Rock Hill to begin with… I mean did he really convince them that they were going get to host the NFL draft?

He conned South Carolina so he wouldn’t have to foot the bill for his new playground and when South Carolina couldn’t afford it he bailed, I get that.

But as I mentioned previously, this should have never happened to begin with. The richest owner in the NFL shouldn’t be looking for handouts and help for his real life Madden GM Mode.

If Kroenke can foot his bill for his stadium which is nearly six times more expensive than the Rock Hill project, Tepper can foot his.

He has no interest in the Carolina’s, he has interest in money.

He didn't con anyone. The city of Rock Hill conned him by promising to pay and then refusing to do so. The fault lies entirely with the city here

☝️👆👊

52 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

The “it’s just business” crowd will see how this goes down when he comes after Charlotte for a new stadium. I said before this is how billionaires handle their affairs.

Doesn’t matter as long as your elected Charloot city council Just Says No 👍

…did you vote in the recent primary?

54 minutes ago, BIGH2001 said:

This guy is a disgusting person IMO on top of being an extremely shitty sports team owner. I’d just as soon see the panthers move at this point because they aren’t the franchise that most of us grew up watching. 

Are you switching teams?  Who is your new squad?