• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Week Of: Draft Buzz, Rumors, & News (w/updates)

davos

I am starting to get the feeling that our lack of involvement in the free agent QB market of late (Baker, JG), our comments/hints about wanting to move back, etc. might suggest that we will forego a top OT, trade back, grab a QB later, and play BC at T.

So much depends on our evaluation of Christensen.  The biggest smokescreen of all could be the fact that everyone assumes that we have no LT when the answer was on the roster all along.   Just spitballin' here!

And I realize that some of you think BC is not the answer, but this is my view of what they might be thinking.  Frankly, I hope we draft Cross or Neal--but then who do we play at QB?

Edited by MHS831

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I am starting to get the feeling that our lack of involvement in the free agent QB market of late (Baker, JG), our comments/hints about wanting to move back, etc. might suggest that we will forego a top OT, trade back, grab a QB later, and play BC at T.

That thought has crossed my mind.

I'd prefer we didn't, but it's possible.

• Pie 1

If rumors are true, the draft starts with pick 6.

1. Jaguars - Travon Walker

2. Lions - Kayvon Thibodeaux

3. Texans - Derek Stingley

4. Jets - Icky Ekwonu

5. Giants - Aidan Hutchinson

6. Panthers

Best Available:

Sauce Gardner

Evan Neal

Garrett Wilson

Charles Cross

Kyle Hamilton

Drake London

Someone is going to want to jump up to our spot for Sauce Gardner (ahead of Giants, Seahawks, or Jets) or Garrett Wilson/Drake London (Giants, Jets, Redskins, Falcons, Vikings).

The Panthers should have people calling to move up. Especially from Jets, Texans, Seahawks, and Eagles (They have multiple firsts and more flexibility to trade away picks). I see a trade down. It will be too tempting for Fitterer to reject.

• Beer 2

2 minutes ago, Panthro said:

If all 3 tackles are gone and we cannot trade down

Willis

Willis is a long term enormous gamble. You would have to sit him for at least 1 season possibly 2 or more.

In that situation you are dumping PJ while keeping Sam. You would also have to bring in a vet to put Sam on the bench or on the street. Or you keep Sam as the starter and PJ as the backup until Willis is ready. You will have to extend Sam or get someone else until Willis is ready, if he ever is. 

It will be the almost the same for any of these QB'S I'm afraid. 

1 hour ago, Mr. Scot said:

Sheena Quick on QB speculation...

That's what pisses me off about Pickett (and this pro readiness) narrative..

It took him 5 years to be college ready..

And

He isn't assured to beat out Sam who has a strong arm and more athletic..

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

I'd do this for 13, 37, and 68 or 80

I think they REALLY like Garrett Wilson

We'd be a pretty ideal trade target to get ahead of ATL, NYJ, SEA, & WAS, all potential WR suitors.  And we're probably pretty tight connection wise after ongoing Watson discussions for the past 1.5 years.

We land 13, 37, 80 and a future 3rd (or something like that)

• Beer 2