• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jimmy G' s surgery.....

Jmac

I am not a Dr. and don't know what the extent of his injury was or how it may effect his future. I know Jake had Tommy John surgery and he was never the same. Is his injury something that should heal 100% with no long term effects or may it possibly cause future problems?

All they need is to roll the dice and come up with a guy who can't throw the ball twenty yards. 

Edited by Jmac

1 minute ago, Carolina Cajun said:

In fairness, Drew Brees also had Shoulder surgery before signing with the saints and went on to be arguably the most prolific passer of his era.

Was it the same surgery? And every player is different. Aren't to many Drew Brees's around.

1 minute ago, Jmac said:

Was it the same surgery? And every player is different. Aren't to many Drew Brees's around.

I've been trying to find out the actual injury and I cant find much, but I do know Brees had a labrum and rotator cuff injury that was operated on.  That said, Im not saying Garroppolo is Brees, you're right, He's a unicorn, but moreso I think its fair to say you can find many situations where the surgery went well and the player went back to playing at pre-injury efficiency, but I also understand the hesitancy because any little hiccup in the recovery could permanently damage the player like what happened to Jake.  

13 minutes ago, Carolina Cajun said:

I've been trying to find out the actual injury and I cant find much, but I do know Brees had a labrum and rotator cuff injury that was operated on. 

It was a torn labrum. 

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/49ers/article/Good-news-for-Jimmy-Garoppolo-and-49ers-according-16975386.php

Edited by Evil Hurney

3 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Here's the main problem... he kinda sucks. We're sitting here asking ourselves if he can get back to that same baseline of suck. Yikes. I'd seriously rather just stick with Darnold. Throwing good money after bad I not the answer.

Would you rather have Jimmy G - Baker - Darnold - or Cam - starting week 1

3 minutes ago, Centerfield said:

Would you rather have Jimmy G - Baker - Darnold - or Cam - starting week 1

I love Cam, but I'd prefer he retire.

The other three? Honestly, probably Baker but there's almost certainly a lot to the toxicity rumors about him.

Jimmy G or Darnold? Honestly, I'd just watch other games.