• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jeremiah's Final Mock: Panthers could think of trading UP?!

Mr. Scot

1 hour ago, Proudiddy said:

If we trade up, I hope it is for Ekwonu.  But honestly, I hope he falls to us...  I really don't want to trade up in the first, bc the value is not worth it at all.  

Trading back into the 2nd for a Corral, Howell, or Ridden is fine...  but trading up in the first is just so damn expensive.

Trading back up has killed us before though. The price was a next year first last time we did it. 

Man, if they fug this up and try to get cute im going to pissed.  Just stay at 6 and take the best LT on the board.  Either Neal or Icky will likely be there.  And if not them, Cross will be there.  Either of those 3 will be a cornerstone of our line for the next decade.  Dont get cute.  Just take the LT. 

• Beer 1

11 minutes ago, Killah_Ray said:

Trading back up has killed us before though. The price was a next year first last time we did it. 

trading back into the 2nd would cost us mutliple picks and likely requires us to dip into 2023.  I don't want Matt Rhule using the next coaches picks.

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

3 minutes ago, CRA said:

trading back into the 2nd would cost us mutliple picks and likely requires us to dip into 2023.  I don't want Matt Rhule using the next coaches picks.

Under no circumstances should they even be thinking about trading our first next year.

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

2 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

6. Carolina Panthers - Charles Cross

I could see the Panthers trading a future pick to move ahead of the Giants and select Evan Neal. If they stay at No. 6, Cross makes sense. Or they could attempt to trade down. There's still a possibility Carolina looks for a QB here, as well.

Mock Draft 4.0

Granted anything is possible but I have a hard time seeing it 😕

So he throws out several possibilities and then picks Cross. Nothing unexpected nor different than anyone else. Its a tackle or a QB from the pundits and every wannabe prognosticator out there.

Edited by Jon Snow
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

So he throws out several possibilities and then picks Cross. Nothing unexpected nor different than anyone else. Its a tackle or a QB from the pundits and every wannabe prognosticator out there.

A tackle yeah, but not the same one.

I've seen all three of the top tackle prospects mocked to us by various analysts.

8 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

A tackle yeah, but not the same one.

I've seen all three of the top tackle prospects mocked to us by various analysts.

I have also. I keep going back to that oline video you posted a couple of days ago. I watched those guys movement and listened intently to the trainer on how he spoke about those guys and how they would probably project in the NFL.

What caught my attention was how he often used the words RT for Cross and G for Neal. He also stated Penning was versatile but was projecting him as a guard. I never once hear him call any of them as a NFL LT unless I just missed it.

Iky was not in the camp which I was disappointed with so I am now just not sure where these guys end up to be honest. 

5 hours ago, Riverboat Ron said:

Panthers trade up to select Kenny Pickett #1 overall trading #6, 2023, 2024 1st round picks and 2022 4th, 5th and 6th round picks.

Where would he play tho? Cos I'd fly over and personally burn down the fuging stadium.

Edited by OldhamA
  • Pie 1
  • The D 1