• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who could we trade to get back in draft?

Jmac

10 hours ago, frankw said:

If you're moving up Robby Anderson isn't even in the conversation. You better prepare to part with a young talented defensive player. I don't see how we can move CMC with the cap ramifications and we've already restructured his deal twice.

A young, cheap, talented defender for a 2nd round pick? Doubtful. 

41 minutes ago, TheBigKat said:

It’s too early to give up on him

Sad thing is if he had of been drafted late first or early second a lot of people wouldn’t be so hard on him. 
But he is a top 10 pick and that comes with certain expectations. So far he hasn’t really fulfilled any of them. 
He was overdrafted, but that wasn’t his fault.  

10 hours ago, Smithers said:

Brown just brought in a 1st somehow.  I think Robby and our 4th could fetch a mid round 2nd

Yeah. By comparison RA is now on a pretty friendly deal if he can perform at 2020 level. Could possibly blame the lack of productivity on Darnold. RA has value and pair him with a pick and I bet we could get back into the 2nd round. 

Also as an aside….Fitterer is a genius simply for anticipating market and getting the DJ deal done. Absolutely genius move. 

• Pie 1

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

Good or bad Fitterer will be looking at all scenarios to get us back in. I will be shocked if he actually sits around until the fourth.

Idk…I think it depends on who’s available and where and the price. If Willis, Ridder, Howell all come off the board in the first 7-8 picks of the 2nd round idk if it’s feasible to get back in. I wouldn’t trade a young, starting defender for that value unless I KNEW the QB was a significant upgrade. 

Robbie makes the most sense and given the run on WRs yesterday and the WR trades, he may have more trade value than I would've thought. If I was Fitts I'd consider reaching out to his agent and telling Robbie to purge his Twitter account of all the dumb poo he constantly says because we're gonna see if KC or GB has interest. Wouldn't he want to go play with an elite QB for once?

2 minutes ago, unicar15 said:

Idk…I think it depends on who’s available and where and the price. If Willis, Ridder, Howell all come off the board in the first 7-8 picks of the 2nd round idk if it’s feasible to get back in. I wouldn’t trade a young, starting defender for that value unless I KNEW the QB was a significant upgrade. 

Reaction GIF