• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers likely drafting a QB

Zod

9 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Corral isn't beating out Darnold in TC.. So Corral won't see the field until Darnold inevitably starts sucking.  Maybe week 6 or 8..

Depends.  If they ask Darnold to checkdown all camp like they did last year and refuse to really play him in the preseason....he will be tough to beat. 

But there are college kids right now that can do simple things at the QB position better than Sam right now.   

15 minutes ago, CRA said:

Depends.  If they ask Darnold to checkdown all camp like they did last year and refuse to really play him in the preseason....he will be tough to beat. 

But there are college kids right now that can do simple things at the QB position better than Sam right now.   

I'm sorry but I disagree..

With Darnold having a 4 year head start on experience and pro game speed.. And none of these guys are going to physically look better then him.. He is bigger, stronger, faster, and has better arm talent then most of this class..

There only going to beat him on decision making and reading defenses and that usually takes time to do...

9 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

With Darnold having a 4 year head start on experience and pro game speed.. And none of these guys are going to physically look better then him.. He is bigger, stronger, faster, and has better arm talent then most of this class..

There only going to beat him on decision making and reading defenses and that usually takes time to do...

I mean, I'd put being adjusted to the speed of the NFL aside.  Everyone has to come in and get use to the difference.   That's a seperate thing.    PJ Walker has an edge there.  Jimmy Clausen would. 

QB isn't about being big, strong, fast, etc for the most part.  Yeah, Sam has a lot of that stuff. Tom Brady has none of that. 

QB is a mental game largely.  And a game of how you react to pressure. Pending you aren't a freak like Lamar, not saying he doesn't have the mental game but if he didn't......he could just be an athlete behind center and be okay.   Sam is drastically behind in that area and why he sucks.  He implodes offenses because he fugs up the plays.  He doesn't read the field right.  He doesn't have the timing right on plays.  Sam can turn a perfect play call into a bad play.  That's the same problem.  And there are rookies every year ahead of him in that department.  

Sam is a good athlete.  Never been a good QB.  Never will.  

1 minute ago, CRA said:

I mean, I'd put being adjusted to the speed of the NFL aside.  Everyone has to come in and get use to the difference.   That a seperate thing.    PJ Walker has an edge there.  Jimmy Clausen would. 

QB isn't about being big, strong, fast, etc for the most part.  Yeah, Sam has a lot of that stuff. Tom Brady has none of that. 

QB is a mental game largely.  Pending you aren't a freak like Lamar.  Not saying he doesn't have the mental game but if he didn't......he could just be an athlete behind center and be okay.   Sam is drastically behind in that area and why he sucks.  He implodes offenses because he fugs up the plays.  He doesn't read the field right.  He doesn't have the timing right on plays.  Sam can turn a perfect play call into a bad play.  That's the same problem.  And there are rookies every year ahead of him in that department.  

Sam is a good athlete.  Never been a good QB.  Never will.  

Again Just my opinion..

Game speed, experience, verbadge is already a hurdle for the rookie QBS..

If they don't have the edge on the mental stuff that Sam sucks in.. Physically nobody in this draft is going to look better than Darnold on the practice field..

I actually like Zappe and he will be there when we draft in the 4th. Quit making stupid trades to look like you are doing something. They are not making the team better and if Darnold can't get it done behind this upgraded OL, he is gone next year and we can get our QB in the first. Stop digging a worse hole with bad trades.

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

Agreed, only one who had a chance was Pickett… and a chance doesn’t always equate to success. It’ll be interesting to see the competition between him and Trubisky.

Edited by MillionDollarCam