• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 3 Pick 94: Panthers Select Matt Corral - QB Ole Miss

Ricky Spanish

2 hours ago, 4Corners said:

Kidding around and my personal fandom for Sam aside - this is a solid point.

I wonder how much the off field issues would have been discussed if his first name was Jamal instead of Matt. Makes you think! 

I'm not a huge fan of the pick but oh my god how many more times can you bitch randomly on this thread? You should take this most recent one to the tinder box and file an official complaint with the internet keyboard trailblazers over there. You know who I'm talking about right? The guys over in the tinder box who bitch constantly about societal problems online and appear so passionate yet 99% do absolutely nothing in real life in their own unique communities to help fix the problems they supposedly see because that is so much more work than pretending to be a social justice warrior on a message board. 

Lol took the most talented QB of this draft class and all it cost was a 3rd next year. That’s worth it 100 times out of 100 don’t care how good or bad he turns out. Great job this draft addressing our two biggest needs and not reaching in either pick so far. Very happy. 

• Pie 4

30 minutes ago, Panthering said:

Lol took the most talented QB of this draft class and all it cost was a 3rd next year. That’s worth it 100 times out of 100 don’t care how good or bad he turns out. Great job this draft addressing our two biggest needs and not reaching in either pick so far. Very happy. 

Well, 3rd round pick next year and a 4th round pick this year but regardless, I've got no complaints. For the potential he has that is a pretty good steal.

I am just so, so, so happy we didn't trade away next years first or second rounder

That is the biggest win. 

I'm nitpicking by complaining about the third rounder tbh. 

That being said. This pick at this point in the draft is an A+ for me. All of Corral's negatives have conceivable paths to be corrected. Whenever you have a guy who goes lower than expected or a guy like Pat Mahomes gets drafted after Mitch. It's always fun to go back and look at why they went lower than they did. Usually it's for dumb reasons. 

Corral's reasons aren't without merit but they are definitely things that can be improved. 1- He's lanky and needs to fill out his frame. Great his job is now to eat, sleep, workout, and play football. 2- He played in a pro style offense. Ok this isn't a problem intrinsic to him, he may flourish in a pro style offense. 3- He has off the field issues. It seems like he is candid about his problems and has tried to address them. To me that actually shows maturity. No one is perfect, it's how you pick yourself up after that defines you.

Is Corral a sure thing? Hell no. Is he worth a swing at pick 94. fug yea and we got him without giving up too much.

This has been an A+ draft. 

• Pie 6
  • Beer 2

We were drafting a QB no matter what. Doesn't matter that Corral's deep ball is worse than Darnold's. Fitt had to check the QB box. Pointless. On the good side we only gave up a 3rd round pick in 2023, and I can accept that. It could have been a lot worse.

Edited by pantherj